Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nancy Kicks butt

Chunk

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to see Heart (and Nancy) play at the University of Georgia in 1976. I'd never heard this song before. It was the reason I later bought an Ovation guitar.

And I've had a crush on Nancy Wilson ever since... :love::crazy:

Born on the Bayou

During the early daze Heart was one smoking band. Ann Wilson could out sing almost everyone. She was my favorite gal singer for years and years. The work she did on those original albums was stellar.

Nancy was as impressive too.

I prefer this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3z7D1Pc&mode=related&search=

But I totally agree with you, great guitar player.

Beautiful, talented ladies, screamingly great vocals, hot blonde guitar playin woman with her leg up :eek: Great band, smokin Les Paul howling thru a cranked Marshall.....

Excuse me, while I catch my breath..... :/

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

I met Roger Fischer and got to jam with him a little bit when I was like 16 or 17. My guitar teacher knew him, I think he was a former student. Anyway he came down during one of my lessons. He was real cool, offered some encouragment and advice, and showed me some licks. Nice guy and a good guitarist. I wasn't really into Heart back then, but it was a neat experience for a teenager.

Oh how I've always adored Nancy Wilson's playing, but that video is godawful to listen to. Those damned Ovations. :rolleyes: I have to hope that video was never intended for release, but.. who knows.

I saw Heart live at the U. of Iowa basketball arena in 1986 and they rocked! Had an offer of free tickets to see Ann and Nancy at Belmont Univ. a few years ago but couldn't go. :(

She is a wonderful guitarist. In addition to the acoustic intro of Crazy On You I have a real soft spot for the instrumental, Silver Wings, Dog & Butterfly, Steamboat Annie and several others. I love the dissonance to consonance of Mistral Wind and of course the power of Barracuda and the eerie sound of Magic Man, among others.

As for their connection to Zep, they're love of LZ is widely known. For several years every album they released had a Zep cover on it. In fact, although we patterned our performance of Rock & Roll from the Zep original, I always threw in Heart's use of the opening phrase of "reveille" as harmonics for the end of the solo. :thu: (I don't know who in the band played that solo on the Greatest Hits Live album, but I pulled it from that performance.)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived