Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stupidest question EVER....

jeffincltnc

How 'bout women and shoes and clothing in general. If the afore mentioned items are also marked down there is a compulsive response to purchase said items.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How 'bout women and shoes and clothing in general. If the afore mentioned items are also marked down there is a compulsive response to purchase said items.

So, where in the Netherlands are you finding marked down women for sale? :D

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

So, where in the Netherlands are you finding marked down women for sale? :D

Must be last year's models.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

O

Personally, I thought the stupidest question I ever saw was "Do you play everything in they key of C"?

To which I reply I prefer keys with lots of black notes - they stick up so they are harder to miss.

Or you could say "No - there are many pieces in C I cannot play".

Of course the question "Do you use the transpose button?" is not entirely stupid. If you do you are going to be in trouble on a Hammond or acoustic piano. Or on a synth where transpose is hidden away in the menus. IMHO, using the transpose is cheating.

Of course the question "Do you use the transpose button?" is not entirely stupid. If you do you are going to be in trouble on a Hammond or acoustic piano. Or on a synth where transpose is hidden away in the menus. IMHO, using the transpose is cheating.

A little OT - but I'm find that I use the the transpose button on semi-regular basis. Not to put a tune in a key that I'm more comfortable playing in - but rather to allow me to learn/practice a tune in the key the band has decided to do a tune in (usually to help out the vocalist) - from an audio source that is in another key.

This is a use of the transpose button that I don't view as "cheating".

The SpaceNorman :freak:

OT continued ..... I use Transcribe! when learning a tune, with the band also during rehearsals. No need for keyboard transpose, plus no more arguing with bandmates about what the right notes are, you just loop it and slow it down if needed, and everybody's on the same page .... it's great for rehearsing hard sections, just loop and playover, slow at first, until everybody's got it.

I don't think you can have GAS for software, unless maybe the box it comes in is bright and shiny :)

A little OT - but I'm find that I use the the transpose button on semi-regular basis. Not to put a tune in a key that I'm more comfortable playing in - but rather to allow me to learn/practice a tune in the key the band has decided to do a tune in (usually to help out the vocalist) - from an audio source that is in another key.

This is a use of the transpose button that I don't view as "cheating".

I didn't use the transpose button at all until my band decided to play everything a half step down. Now I use it on almost every song. I'm not about to play songs in Eb or Ab if I don't have to. I CAN play in any key, but some just aren't as fun, and since I'm all about fun, I choose the path of the most fun. The audience cares if the music sounds good, not if someone is playing without using the transpose button. Now, if you always transpose it so that you can play in the key of C, then I suggest you learn to play in some other keys. [C isn't anywhere near my favorite key anyway; E, A, D, G are all better if you ask me].

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Quote by Tom Fiala: (Subject: GAS)

"Treatment:

None known"

I know, I know. Its UNEMPLOYMENT, followed by POVERTY. That is the only known cure for GAS. It is VERY painful. The cure is much worse than the disease. :rolleyes:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Quote by Tom Fiala: (Subject: GAS)

"Treatment:

None known"

I know, I know. Its UNEMPLOYMENT, followed by POVERTY. That is the only known cure for GAS. It is VERY painful. The cure is much worse than the disease. :rolleyes:

Mike T.

Sounds like you went from GAS to Colitis (no known cure). :eek:

Take comfort in knowing unemployment and poverty can be temporary. GAS is forever. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Quote by ProfD:

"Sounds like you went from GAS to Colitis (no known cure)".

Yep, its terrible too. In the mean time, I'm still lusting after a PEK, and now a clonewheel. The GAS list gets longer, the wallet is still empty. :rolleyes:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Stupidest question...

=ANY question (usually a request) asked of me while I'm playing.

eg) "Do you know that one?...how's it go?...da daaaaah da daaah..."

Man, I can NOT play and shoot the breeze at the same time. Call me the Gerald Ford of the keyboard.

"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

I don't know if this qualifies but... I played a wedding Saturday night and the couple gave us a mix CD to play during our break. (we usually take one break at weddings) We start the second set and this kid 12-14 yo comes up and says;

"Hey, could you play THIS CD now?"

I guess he didn't like OUR tunes....

Why they come to the piano player who is behind the horn section is beyond me so I sent him to the bass player for fun. :grin:

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

The dumbest question I've heard came this weekend. Some drunk asked out female vocalist to sing a Barry White song. How far removed from reality and the mechanics of nature do you have to be to ask a female soprano to sing a Barry White song?
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

I don't know about that. I've seen some gals (usually the kind in Indigo Girls t-shirts) that might have been able to handle it. The dumbest question I ever got was when an eight piece funk band was aksed in all seriousness to do "Dueling Banjos". That's just wrong on so many levels...

I don't know about that. I've seen some gals (usually the kind in Indigo Girls t-shirts) that might have been able to handle it. The dumbest question I ever got was when an eight piece funk band was aksed in all seriousness to do "Dueling Banjos". That's just wrong on so many levels...

I want you to know my eight piece horn band played.... Rocky Top for this wedding. A request from the father of the bride. We all know who paid for that song. :freak:

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I suppose that would make it a mocha snatte?
:rimshot::thu:

You folks are an F'n riot. I love this place. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived