Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Haiku Thread

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]You guys are heading into summer down there, aren't you? What's the approx latitude of Asuncion, Paraguay?[/b][/quote] Hey Tedster! You know, I don't know the approx latitude, hehe! To give you an idea, though, our standard timezone is UTC/GMT -4 hours, but since we are in daylight savings, it's UTC/GMT -3 hours...and close to the Argentinian border, you pretty much cross the river and you're in Argentina. Nice little city...beat up though, because of the financial trouble the whole country has been dragging intself into, especially for the last few years... Juergen

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b]I could see her breath as she spoke in the night air; "Can't we just be friends?"[/b][/quote] Damn, Jeff! I thought you said you couldn't write stuff like this. That's the best haiku on the thread! Except for mine, of course... :D

[quote]Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com: [b]Damn, Jeff! I thought you said you couldn't write stuff like this. That's the best haiku on the thread! Except for mine, of course... :D [/b][/quote] Man...I can write like a motherf*cker. I can write anything, [i]as long as it won't be put to music[/i]. Mental block. Journalism, yes; fiction, yes; poetry, yes. Lyrics, no. This is the part of my brain designed to torture me into eventual insanity. Ah well. ;) And thanks for the compliment. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by artnoiser: [b] Hey Tedster! You know, I don't know the approx latitude, hehe! To give you an idea, though, our standard timezone is UTC/GMT -4 hours, but since we are in daylight savings, it's UTC/GMT -3 hours...and close to the Argentinian border, you pretty much cross the river and you're in Argentina. Nice little city...beat up though, because of the financial trouble the whole country has been dragging intself into, especially for the last few years... Juergen[/b][/quote] Juergen...you're approximately 25S 57W. Just about a degree and a half south of the Tropic of Capricorn. Ah well, hope all is well down there! Ted

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b]I could see her breath as she spoke in the night air; "Can't we just be friends?"[/b][/quote] That was too good, wow. Memories I should forget I am depressed now.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b] Man...I can write like a motherf*cker. I can write anything, [i]as long as it won't be put to music[/i]. [/b][/quote] That was very profound, very visually and emotionally evocative. If you have such verbal insight in a poetic sense it would be easy enough to turn such things into lyrics. That really is great; an emotionally hard truth congealed into simple words tied to a memorable visual, also one that I'm not exactly sure has been placed in a song before? I could be wrong, regardless, very clever....

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Archived