Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: "Shake it up and Go"

Ross Brown

OK, so on the way back to work after lunch today, I am listening to BB King, Blues on the Bayou CD. There is a classic tune called Shake it up and Go. The words of one of the verses are mamma killed a chicken, thought it was a duck. Put it on the table with the legs sticking up!

I have a couple of questions. 1) If you kill a chicken, isnt it pretty easy to tell it is a chicken? I understand if you are in the supermarket and the ducks and chickens are next to each other in the freezer, it may be more difficult, but if you kill it yourself???

2) Dont they always go on the table with the legs stickin up, no matter if it is a chicken or a duck?

I just cant believe that a blues tune would have ridiculous words.

Sorry for the off topic thread, Ill get back to work now

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A blues tune with ridiculous words? OK.

I woke up this mornin'

Feelin' like pomegranate salsa

I don't know what to do

So I'm going out for barbeque

Mean mean hangover blues

Got me so low

Mean mean hangover blues

The coffee pot is hot

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

Sometimes blues songs can be upbeat and really goofy... because life isn't only about big-leg wimmen, gittin' drunk, black cat bones and meetin' De Debbil at de crossroads...

But we all wish it was.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Sometimes blues songs can be upbeat and really goofy... because life isn't only about big-leg wimmen, gittin' drunk, black cat bones and meetin' De Debbil at de crossroads...

But we all wish it was.

Speak for yourself :D

Archived