Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The CDs have arrived!

DC Ross

The Tailgunners' full-length EP, "Nothing on the Clock Except Smiths..." is completed & pressed. We recorded in two sessions: the first about a year ago, and the second a few months ago. Everything hangs together as a whole -- Jonathan Plum did a great job engineering and producing.

We're having a CD release party on June 30th at The Lakepointe in Bothell, WA. If anyone's going to be around, come and join us!

Just had to share :D

http://www.thetailgunners.com/images/tailgunnerscd.jpg

It's not simple to be simple.

-H. Matisse

Ross Precision Guitars

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, listen to your bad self, Darren! Great tunes, and what sounds like superior engineering and mixing (sounds pretty good on MySpace).

Congratulations! I mights needs ta buy one!

Enjoy the CD Launch!

-Tim from Jersey :thu:

Play. Just play.

That rocks, man! I'm playing that afternoon in Tacoma (ugh...) but I should be able to make it to your release party that night. I live less than 10 minutes from the Lakepointe so I really have no excuses.. :)

Just to nitpick:

It should be "full length LP". "EP" is short for "extended play" and is generally a title given to short albums - like 5 or 6 songs at maximum with say 30 minutes (or less) of playing time. These are just numbers I'm pulling out of my burro so, you know, whatever. "LP" is short for "long play" or "long playing" - I can never remember which. "LP" is generally the label placed on full length albums.

Hey man...congrats on this accomplishment! I'll give it a listen as soon as I get a chance...

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Just to nitpick:

It should be "full length LP". "EP" is short for "extended play" and is generally a title given to short albums - like 5 or 6 songs at maximum with say 30 minutes (or less) of playing time. These are just numbers I'm pulling out of my burro so, you know, whatever. "LP" is short for "long play" or "long playing" - I can never remember which. "LP" is generally the label placed on full length albums.

Information for you "young Kats" out there, "LP" began when we went from 45rpm records to 33rpm records. That was before most of you were born so I won't hold it against you. :grin: The new format also had multiple songs per record, instead of just one per side. I think I bought my firt LP in 1958 or 1959. It was not "Stereo" and I still have it. "Billy Eckstine and Sara Vaughan"

Rocky :snax:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Wait, don't forget the famed 78's that graced the airwaves and bobby-sox'ers parties of the 30s and 40s. Weighed a ton, were as durable as Oddjob's bowler hat and had the perfect fidelity for the music of the times! Big horn sections never sounded better, imho.

And who can forget the even-more-deadly "16's"?

Play. Just play.

Hey Ross...I'm listening to the myspace tunes right now. Sounds good! Everything sounds tight and solid, good recording and mixing. I didn't realize you guys were this heavy...cool, I like it. Best of luck with the release party.

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived