Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R U Stylin'?

Well??? Stylin', as in: doin' what you do, to the max, whatever it is? 4 X-ample... I was going nowhere with the "band" thing, but now I got the "film soundtrack" thing: Stylin'. Khan's got his MOTU rig maxin' & stylin'. AJ's got his DP3 maxin' & stylin'. I had one hot honey had me buggin', but I found another hot honey got me snugglin': Stylin'. MPER lost Chris & Ed = buggin', but MPER gained bdbrooklyn = stylin'. Summer's over = buggin'; Christmas season's here = stylin'. Sun & sand: over = buggin'; Fall weather: GQ fall wardrobe = stylin'. Pre-terrorist attack era = complacencey: Buggin'. Post-terrorist attack era = urgency: Stylin'. R U Buggin', or R U Stylin'? E :)

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derek Jeter. Game winning Home Run in the bottom of the 10th. Most definately - [b]STYLIN'[/b] ------------------------------------ Curve gettin' his [i]SWERVE ON!!![/i] Absolutely [b]STYLIN'[/b] ------------------------------------ Poundin' down a Blue Moon Belgian White Ale at 2:20 am. [b][i]S__T__Y__L__I__N'[/i][/b]
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Slammin' the first two tracks on your new project in one take - STYLIN' Discovering a hot mic-pre combo that not even the studio engineers were aware of - STYLIN' Attending a post-show party where people know your name AND your work - STYLIN' Taking time to get out of your studio and enjoy this wonderful fall weather, with your friends, talking about music and life - STYLIN' Making music that makes you happy - STYLIN' Hitting Ishkabibbles during a session dinner break for a mushroom chicken cheesesteak and a large Gremlin, walkin' down the (South) street watching ladies go by watchin' you....PHILLY STYLIN' [ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: MusicWorkz ]

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

[quote]Originally posted by 'rold: [b] Neither...still chillin'... :cool: [/b][/quote] Yeah got me on that one as well....I had no idea what buggin meant!!!! I'm still in the post groovy lingo mode!!!!!
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote]Originally posted by MusicWorkz: [b] Hitting Ishkabibbles during a session dinner break for a mushroom chicken cheesesteak and a large Gremlin, walkin' down the (South) street watching ladies go by watchin' you....PHILLY STYLIN' [ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: MusicWorkz ][/b][/quote] Hey MusicWorkz, the lady and I were just in Phillie last week (she signed a book deal with Lippincott Publishing) and they wined & dined us at the Striped Bass, Definitely stylin' (my glass of dessert port alone was $40, that's a pour, not a bottle!) We hit Deux Cheminees the next night, roasted rack of lamb, and the same tavern the Continental Congress had their Xmas party in the last night. I LOVE Phillie stylin'! (Also had some great cheesesteak, yeah baby!)

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[quote]Originally posted by botch@netutah.net: [QB]the lady and I were just in Phillie last week (she signed a book deal with Lippincott Publishing) /QB][/quote] Dining high and mighty on somebody else's tab - Capitalist STYLIN'. Congrats to you and your wife and glad you enjoyed Philly. I haven't hit the Striped Bass yet, but it is on the list of "to do's"...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

[quote]Originally posted by MusicWorkz: [b] Dining high and mighty on somebody else's tab - Capitalist STYLIN'. Congrats to you and your wife and glad you enjoyed Philly. I haven't hit the Striped Bass yet, but it is on the list of "to do's"...[/b][/quote] Man, do I miss Philly. Until 2 years ago, my in-laws lived to lived there, so I was in town about twice a year. Unreal restaurant city. Striped Bass, Susanna Foo, and Le Bec Fin are the top US restaurants in their categories, and they're within a 2 block span of Walnut. Jack's Firehouse is in a category of it's own (had bear there once - definitely does not taste like chicken). The Reading Terminal Market, a topic unto itself, as is Pat's vs. Geno's vs. Jim's. Stylin': Pasion!, a restaurant on 15th near Walnut, has outstanding Nuevo Latino cuisine. Amazing ceviche menu. Incredible beef - go with a group and get the mixed grill that's served on a steer-shaped hibachi. Man, do I miss Philly.

[quote]Originally posted by mzeger: [b] Man, do I miss Philly. Until 2 years ago, my in-laws lived to lived there, so I was in town about twice a year. Unreal restaurant city. Striped Bass, Susanna Foo, and Le Bec Fin are the top US restaurants in their categories, and they're within a 2 block span of Walnut. Jack's Firehouse is in a category of it's own (had bear there once - definitely does not taste like chicken). The Reading Terminal Market, a topic unto itself, as is Pat's vs. Geno's vs. Jim's. Stylin': Pasion!, a restaurant on 15th near Walnut, has outstanding Nuevo Latino cuisine. Amazing ceviche menu. Incredible beef - go with a group and get the mixed grill that's served on a steer-shaped hibachi. Man, do I miss Philly.[/b][/quote] You are right. Philly has been on the come-up since I got here in 1985 (originally from NYC). The restaurants are excellent (those three are actually on the SAME block). I was at Reading Terminal today for lunch (I had Peking Duck Lo mein for lunch and got some rotisserie chicken for dinner from our Amish brethren). Y'all need to pay us a visit soon. I'll put Pasion on my list to visit. And if you havea chance next time you are here, check out Cuba Libre, a new Cuban spot on 2nd and Market Sts. if you want a great experience....

<> Geno's baby!! Next day, try an Italian sub at Reading Terminal Market, or some little necks and Heineken's at the Clambar in The Gallery(of all places), and a nice Sunday night seafood dinner at the orig Bookbinders!!!! Philly stylin!
TROLL . . . ish.

[quote]Originally posted by meccajay: [b]<> Geno's baby!! Next day, try an Italian sub at Reading Terminal Market Philly stylin![/b][/quote] Geno's, and the next day an Italian sub? What's the day after that, angioplasty at Hahnemann? For me Philly stylin' is spending a Sunday with my wife in Manayunk with brunch at Le Bus, and taking her shopping at Ma Jolie. Because on Monday, my AmEx gets a workout at Boyd's!

Getting good vibes and encouragement from this thread -- Stylin' Setting up mics for Christmas recording -- Stylin' Enhancing the (dining room/living room) studio -- Stylin' About to find out what "hot mic-pre combo that not even the studio engineers were aware of" MusicWorkz is talking about -- Stylin'(?)
-- Music has miracle potential --

...Havin' been in Philly only once, close to Christmas time, with my brother visiting me for Christmas, drinkin' ale and having a Philly Steak Sandwich, and remembering how cool that was...definitely stylin'... ...Not getting any ale here in Paraguay...buggin' (the crap out of me)... ...Finding a Gefell mic at local radio station that is renting us studio space, finding out they only use the mic once a week - on Wednesdays - and havin' been given permission to borrow it...stylin' yeah... ...let's see if I can "trade" the U89i that they threw into the lease for the Gefell...stylin'...

Seeing this thread turn into a "Philly" thread = buggin'. Seeing this thread turn into a "Philly" thread = stylin'. The Funkinots at Turtle Studios on First Friday = funkin' stylin...the Curve was yellin' and hoppin' at that jam, baby! DJ Lorne & Kosmic Kat at Soma on First Friday = mucho stylin'. An "Indian Summer" afternoon checkin' the local ladies from a parkbench in Rittenhouse Square = sublime stylin'. Biking at warp speed through "the loop" in Fairmount Park = adrenaline stylin'. Playing soccer with an international coterie at 9th & Bainbridge, and going to the local pub with both teams afterwards = mos def stylin' on the international tip. (The Curve scores the tying goal = stylin' / The Curve's turn playing goalie let's the winning goal go by = buggin'; I should have charged the striker sooner.) NYC Drew = NYC Stylin'. Khan & deepness71 cheering the Yanks = stylin'. MusicWorkz = illio stylin'. Botch & his lady dining out on Lippincott = high stylin'. Meccajay = old skool Italian stylin'. strat0124 gettin' down wit' da lingo = stylin'. mzeger, lovesinger & artnoiser showing props to Illadelph = stylin'. Fletcher = blunt stylin'. Cruisin' the MusicPlayer forums = soundcraft stylin' on the educational tip. Craig Anderton = forum guru stylin' in moderation. So... ...to all you who haven't chimed in yet... R U Stylin'??? E :)

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

[quote]Originally posted by lovesinger: [b]About to find out what "hot mic-pre combo that not even the studio engineers were aware of" MusicWorkz is talking about -- Stylin'(?)[/b][/quote] Tellin' lovesinger that artnoiser is on the right track borrowing a barely used Microtech Geffell mic is the right thing to do - Bootstrap STYLIN' Hooking a Geffell UM 92.1 to a Avalon 737, then running it thru a Distessor and THEN cranking it up to get some gritty, PHAT vocals for a hip-hop track - Studio STYLIN' Looking at the engineers face when he heard how the vocals sat on the track like a 350-lb opera singer at a buffet - Priceless SYTLIN'

[quote]Originally posted by Curve Dominant: [b]The Funkinots at Turtle Studios on First Friday = funkin' stylin...the Curve was yellin' and hoppin' at that jam, baby![/b][/quote] Taking the family to dinner and see Monsters Inc. Friday night, but wishing the ENTIRE time that I was down at Turtle - Responsible STYLIN' Letting my wife know that the First Friday in December I will NOT be home - Musical STYLIN' Spending time writing a new tune this weekend - Theraputic STYLIN'..

livin in australia = stylin' the beautiful SUMMER weather over xmas = stylin' hard! the stupid prces for Roland TR-808's = buggin' just turning 21 the other week = not-sure-if-im-buggin'? the new akai Z series samplers = MONDO stylin'!!!!! yo mumma = buggin it my mumma = buggin it too our mummas = buggin it together! getting your midi rig sorted out and your new mackie 1402 VLZ PRO sussed = 2 Kool 4 Skool~~~~ im mackin' it HARD mate! aussie weather over xmas... you should all be over here! lovin the vibes guys....

Archived