Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Promo packs?

Ross Brown

What does your promo pack look like... the one that you hand to bar owners, etc to hopefully get a gig? I have an idea, but wondered what others do. I was shopping at Office Max looking for something like a presentation folder that was small enough so that it was not obnoxious, but could hold info and a demo CD.

Just fishing for ideas... Maybe I am making it harder than it needs to be.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cheesy 80's cover band media kit

Our song demos

Our promo pack has the two pictures from the media page, a professionally duplicated CD with all the songs on it, a blurb about the band, and a page of testimonials from previous clients.

We don't bother sending a stage plot or our standard rider until someone calls us back about booking a gig.

edit: we mail them and/or hand deliver them in a large white envelope

Thanks. Will bar owners, etc typically take the time to look at web sites? Or does this just vary?
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

If I were a bar owner:

I would want a CD with the first 15 seconds of no more than 15 songs.

I would want a picture of the band, representing how they will look when working in my bar.

Short letters of recomendation from other bar owners.

A clear understanding on Payment, collection of monies at the door, etc. etc.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Archived