Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Peavey Classic 30 combo $345?

blitzkrieg bop

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they go for $600 new. So it doesn't seem too bad. However, before you go buying one, I know you can usually find a Fender Deluxe (tweed) for about the same price, maybe 50 bucks more, and IMO, it is a superior amp.

Then again, to each his own. I just think the Classic 30 is a little too gritty and has too much of that "I play in a whiskey bar in southern Tennessee" sound to it. If that's what you want, then awesome. But I'm more partial to the Fender clean, a more western and Californian vibe.

Shut up and play.

I have to disagree to a point with Revolead. (no disrespect) My Classic 30 can get a pretty sweet sound to it... I have done a little work to it though... I have an 80 Watt 16 Ohm Marshall Wolverine Celestion speaker in it now... I've changed my phase inverter tube and 1st pre-amp tubes to Sovtek 5751's which seemed to mellow it a touch but, for $345 I don't believe you will go wrong...I paid $375 for mine 2 years ago. I used a Fender Twin for years but it's too loud now... The Peavey can get a great sound without having to max it and it will hold it's own next to bigger amps... The only complaint I have is it doesn't have a standby switch... no big deal though...

Well...I let it go for now. It was an auction on ebay ($300, 45 for shipping). I caught it with a couple hours to go and debated over it, but decided not for now. It ended with no bids, so I would have got it for $345 including shipping. I will probably kick myself for it....... :(

I need to buy pickups for the guitar first, and I'm happy with the VJ right now....(Trying to calm myself down)....

"When learned men begin to use their reason, then I generally discover that they haven't got any." -GK Chesterton

Well, hey, that's the way it goes sometimes. But if you want something else more, then that's what you should get. I made the mistake of when I first started playing a guitar just to buy stuff for the sake of having it. Now, I'm stuck with a bunch of Boss pedals I may or may not ever use.
Shut up and play.

I got one for $300 or $350 (forget which one) with an extra footswitch (metal case) the leatherette cover, tube holders and tube guard installed, and new JJ Tubes. But I bought it in person, though. Excellent condition.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Found my original posts: it was $300

Look here.

Caprae...I took a look at your old post... Mine is a 2003 as well and it has the heavy footswitch but the footswitch does the reverb and the boost... I also got the leather cover with it... I'm in love with this little amp... I keep finding new tones with it... I wonder what a extra cabinet would sound with it... Have you tried that yet?

Found my original posts: it was $300

Look here.

Caprae...I took a look at your old post... Mine is a 2003 as well and it has the heavy footswitch but the footswitch does the reverb and the boost... I also got the leather cover with it... I'm in love with this little amp... I keep finding new tones with it... I wonder what a extra cabinet would sound with it... Have you tried that yet?

No, I havn't. We've (my sons mainly) have only used this in the house. We do have it on an angled stand.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

No, I havn't. We've (my sons mainly) have only used this in the house. We do have it on an angled stand.

I picked up an angled stand for mine too... I think because my eyes aren't as good, (the knob labels are upside down behind the knobs) and bending over to read them became a pain in the arse... It's called aging... :rolleyes:

Archived