Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Greg Bennett Guitars Anyone?

blitzkrieg bop

I took a walk through a local music store that I didn't know had guitar stuff, come to find out they have a decent selection of effects (danelectro, Boss, Digitech) and lots of Greg Bennett guitars, which I found out used to be Samick. I didn't try any out, but many of them looked pretty nice. Anybody have or try one? They seem to make strat, lp, and sg copies, as well as a couple semi-hollows.
"When learned men begin to use their reason, then I generally discover that they haven't got any." -GK Chesterton

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a Signature Greg Bennett Samick Bass, the thing sounds fine, I'm no defined bass player,(as in know what te hell I'm doing), but it sounds fine, and had my Assitant, "Aka. a bass player" try it out, and he just rocks on it. Seems to enjoy it and gives it a thumbs up. As for their guitar line, haven't tried any but have seen them.

Like this but Banana Yellow

I've played a few of the Greg Bennett guitars and I like them. I have an older Samick SAT-650 (335 clone) that is one of my favorite guitars. Very well made, and full of tone. I would put the Greg Bennett guitars close to that mark.
Turn me over, I'm done on this side...

This looks very cool for a low-cost PRS thing. I might have to try one out one of these days. I'm not big on spending a ton of money on guitars I won't play all the time (I know, I say that now...), so I try to find awesome stuff around the 600-700 dollar range. So far, that strategy has been wonderful. I have a fantastic Tele (see avatar) and acoustic to show for it.
Shut up and play.

This looks very cool for a low-cost PRS thing. I might have to try one out one of these days. I'm not big on spending a ton of money on guitars I won't play all the time (I know, I say that now...), so I try to find awesome stuff around the 600-700 dollar range. So far, that strategy has been wonderful. I have a fantastic Tele (see avatar) and acoustic to show for it.

I have the Roayle 2 in red. It plays great! Lots of compliments on it. RL 3 got a GP Pick Award. RL3's go for $650 plus! Yikes! Get an RL 2 http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-SAMRL2.

The neck PUP has a fantastic clean sound for a jazz feel. I'm not talented enough to fully utilize this sound, so I'm likely to get a SD Phat Cat P-90 in there. We'll see.

I've played the Ultramatic series. They play much like the Royale. The PUP's are a must-change situation. I wasn't impressed. Very bland. Cool guitar though. PRS look... That's exactly what got me to try it.

I understand the only difference between an RL 1 and RL 2 is a bolt-on neck. If that's true, for a spare guitar, an RL 1 would be a great sound! Save the money on the RL 1 and upgrade the PUP's. Put Phat Cats in there and let me know how it goes. :grin:

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

Archived