Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Epi Valve Junior advice

blitzkrieg bop

Okay, I'm probably the only person without one of these yet, but I heard so much about them and since I need a new piece of "usable furniture" for our new house, I figure I should get one. Are they as good as everyone rave? Can anyone here share their experience? I plan on getting the head version, but I'll also need a cabinet since I don't have one (it will also be my first tube amp, which I've always wanted). Any advice on cabinets would help as well.

A side note, someone is selling a Behringer 4x12 cabinet on our local craiglist for $150, claiming it's only 1 year old and hasn't been used too much. Anyone have experience with Behringer cabs and does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks!

"When learned men begin to use their reason, then I generally discover that they haven't got any." -GK Chesterton

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

which Behringer cab? i have just gotten the BG412H. it is switchable for stereo and mono. i tried it with my Traynor YSR1 50 watt head and it sounded pretty dang good.

i also picked up the Vampire head. mainly for recording and headphone practice. unfortunately the cab doesn't allow the full wattage of the head to come through but the cab is nice.

the guy i got the 1/2 stack from said his Valve juniour is quite loud for its size.

i want to get one. but for now i have to get the traynor tweaked.

150 for a 4x12 is a good deal if you ask me.

I emailed the seller asking what model it is. Also... he put that he "owned" it for 1.5 years, so it may be older than that. Thanks for the input 'Zan.

Does $99 seem to be the average price for the valve junior head?

"When learned men begin to use their reason, then I generally discover that they haven't got any." -GK Chesterton

I have two Epi VJ heads...'cuz they suck... ;)

...and 'cuz two heads are better then one! :P

For $99...the VJ head kicks absolute ass, IMO!

I've been using it on like 90% of my recordings lately...and it's god through a 112, 115, 212, 412...etc. :thu:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

BTW...It's the BEHRINGER BG412V, and it's only a year and a half old. I'm debated if I really need it though; I really don't have much use for a 4x12 right now. I may just get a 1x12 to use for the epi valve junior...thinking maybe that Crate for $99 if I can't find something else used.

Archived