Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Straight or right-angle?!

_Sweet Willie_

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right angle(bass end)-straight(amp end). If I am using pedals, I prefer straights in & out of them, and I prefer a straight end for the amp. It just seems to work out better for me that way.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I like these:

http://www.bayoucables.com/store/catalog/images/ra1.gif

That way, a man or woman has a choice.

I don't like those because part of the tone, especially 23.5 to 25.7k, can't negotiate the turn and gets stuck in that reservoir at the top of that picture. And then, once in a while, the upper mids cake up and reach critical mass and all spew out at once.

You don't want to be in front of a horn when that happens, even when it's attenuated to zero.

Yeah, that happend to me practicing in my living room, ' had to take my cat to the vet ....

Been using straight-straight ever since.

I don't like those because part of the tone, especially 23.5 to 25.7k, can't negotiate the turn and gets stuck in that reservoir at the top of that picture. And then, once in a while, the upper mids cake up and reach critical mass and all spew out at once.

I like the roll-off of the frequencies, but I did have a problem of the build-up at a gig. I drill a small hole in the top of the reservoir to release the pressure; just do not drill it too big or you will lose too many of the frequencies. I used a micro-bit with my Dremel, about 1/128".

Can you get them in different angles to change the q factor of the filter? I've only seen them use different grades of copper to do that.

back to the thread

My bass only works with right angle plugs. I've had the socket changed out (now a planet waves one) but still need to use right angle plugs if I want a good connection all the time.

"But man it sounds soooooooo much better flat. I can't believe how much better it sounds." -- thabottomend

I like these:

You don't want to be in front of a horn when that happens, even when it's attenuated to zero.

You have to be kidding me.

If you are interested

Bass guitar doesn't go past 6000Hz.....The human ear frequency range is roughly 20 Hz - 20 kHz.

"Yeah, I've got a special effect - it's this cable. You plug it into the amp and it makes things loud" -SS

I like these:

If you are interested

Bass guitar doesn't go past 6000Hz.....The human ear frequency range is roughly 20 Hz - 20 kHz.

But...these go to eleven.

Push the button Frank.

I like these:

Yes, we are.

But my cat may disagree ...

I like these:

If you are interested

I used to have one that was hand bent by naked amazonian indians around a former made from ancient wood found deep in the amazonian rain forest. It avoided all the above mentioned problems, but I lent it to a Guitarist who accidently played the intro to Stairway to Heaven. It was never the same again.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Do you have a preference for which kind connects to your bass, your amp, your pedal board...?

Nope, whatever I grab that works.

Does it matter to you whether the bass has a sidejack or frontjack?

Most of the time I sit while playing, and the front jack is better to have when you're a klutz like me. :blush:

I like these:

If you are interested

I used to have one that was hand bent by naked amazonian indians around a former made from ancient wood found deep in the amazonian rain forest. It avoided all the above mentioned problems, but I lent it to a Guitarist who accidently played the intro to Stairway to Heaven. It was never the same again.

Amazonian quality may be good, but nothing compares to the hand-formed metalwerk of Black Forest gnomes. My right angle plug is a Telefunken from 1967, it was used at Woodstock on Jimi's guitar and has been part of touring rigs with CTA, ELP, BTO, and The Who. I know this because I bought it off eBay for $342.00 plus $20.00 shipping. The original receipt was signed by roadies from each tour, but the seller couldn't include it in the auction because Willie Nelson rolled a joint with it in '82.

- Matt W.

I like these:

If you are interested

Amazonian quality may be good, but nothing compares to the hand-formed metalwerk of Black Forest gnomes. My right angle plug is a Telefunken from 1967, it was used at Woodstock on Jimi's guitar and has been part of touring rigs with CTA, ELP, BTO, and The Who. I know this because I bought it off eBay for $342.00 plus $20.00 shipping. The original receipt was signed by roadies from each tour, but the seller couldn't include it in the auction because Willie Nelson rolled a joint with it in '82.

Yo, M-Dub -- yours didn't make the touring rigs of ELO, the AWB, or AWB&H?!?! That's a shame.

Keith Richards snorted coke and his dad's ashes out of my right angle plug, and then he used it as a hash pipe before converting it to a crack pipe for Rick James. Fo' real, yo. I get insane harmonic transference when I use that plug now.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived