Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT .... though very remotely possibly job related

Dave Horne

I made an appointment today with my dentist to have my upper teeth capped. I have several crowns and while my teeth (and crowns) are almost perfectly formed, my teeth are no longer anywhere near white. (Decades of drinking coffee and red wine will do that.) This will take four appointments over several months but while I will be considerably poorer, my smile will be richer.

I'm not doing this for 'professional' reasons, I'm just a piano player, not an .... entertainer [spoken with a rich FM DJ voice].

I see others with nice white teeth and finally caved in.

It's a tad pricey but that's what investments are for ... to be sold. Anyone else here take the plunge? (Should I have bought the ProMega 3 instead?)

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last two months (excluding the little stuff):

Finish up my implant : $3900

Crown for the implant: $2200

Daughter's braces: $5100

Son's Wisdom teeth pulled: $2500

There you go. Self-employed so this is pretty much out of pocket. Also, I've got an old root canal that's going to need attention soon.

Teeth ain't cheap.

Busch.

Dave,

Like yourself my teeth have been subjected to years to coffee abuse. Add to that too many years of ciggarette abuse and I was closer to lemon yellow than to white. I debated having major work done for a long time.

Then along came a gum infection and I had to have a total upper extraction. Now I have a complete upper partial.

Extraction cost $5200

Partial cost $2400

Sure my smile is a lot better, but I could have been in gear hog heaven if I had gone shopping instead of going to the dentist.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

I've mentioned that film (Marathon Man) to my dentist but he's never heard of it.

Sir Lawrence Olivier was such a fine actor. I watched that film and forgot I watching him, I only saw the character. I also use that concept in describing some piano players - some force you to listen to 'them' and others force you to forget you're listening to a person and you find yourself just listening to the music. (I'm getting OT on an OT post.)

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Dave:

In between dentist appointments, be sure to use some baking soda along with your toothpaste a few times a week when you're doing your morning brush. I keep an open box of baking soda on my bathroom sink. I "dip" my tooth brush in it before squeezing on the toothpaste. Baking soda is somewhat abrasive, so its not something that you want to use daily. That said, baking soda takes off a lot of the stains as you go along, instead of letting them accumulate as MOST of us have. My dentist also recommended an electric tooth brush on the slow speed. He said its more thorough than hand brushing. Most of us are lazy and just do quick brush jobs, but they really don't do that much.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

How is this job related? They don't hire toothless piano players these days?

Maybe if you're a singer, too, but a non-singing pianist could just keep their mouth shut!

A non-singing guitarist like me is incapable of keeping his mouth shut, but can substitute for it somewhat by writing e-mails......

Archived