Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Band Urban Legends

Strategery

Ok, everyone's heard about certain singers biting the heads off bats and such...so do any of you have any urban legends out their or some you can debunk? :grin: :rawk:

OK, I may not get this one right, but I once heard there was a multi band concert going on somewhere years back, and I think it included Journey, Van Halen, The Cure, and a few other bands.

The urban legend goes something like this.

In the dressing room the singer for The Cure was spraying his hair and David Lee Roth came and I took it from him.

There was a chase involved and I hear....TEARS! :grin:

Can't say it's true...just what I heard. :grin:

Can you debunk it or clarify it?

Randy

"Just play!"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank Zappa eating poo poo on stage.

I read a quote from him (I think in GP mag) where he said something like "the closest I ever came to that was at a Holiday Inn buffet".

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Hmmmmm Sharks sex and Led Zep?

According to Flo & Eddie, the legend of The Mudshark is based on fact, albeit embellished endlessly.

Scott Fraser

It was supposedly a red snapper and it was the fishes nose that was used. The fish was still alive and the girl in question was all for it. Not that it makes the story any less strange.

Ok, everyone's heard about certain singers biting the heads off bats and such...so do any of you have any urban legends out their or some you can debunk? :grin: :rawk:

Howzabout Keith Richards having his toxic blood rotated out for some fresh stuff

Maybe somebody can get to work on the real story about Keith snorting the ashes of his dad? :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm Sharks sex and Led Zep?

According to Flo & Eddie, the legend of The Mudshark is based on fact, albeit embellished endlessly.

Scott Fraser

It was supposedly a red snapper and it was the fishes nose that was used. The fish was still alive and the girl in question was all for it. Not that it makes the story any less strange.

I saw an interview with Robert Plant where he also confimred this version of the story (not sure about what kind of fish was involved, though).

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

The band that trashed more hotels room belongs(ed) to the Eagles.

Nelsons plane caught fire becasue of a faulty heater and there were no drugs anywhere. The family fought these rumors and rag mag headlines for years.

Zep, sex and sharks is partially true. It was a seabass and there are actually pictures of this exploit. The band would fish off their balcony at a hotel they stayed at in Seatle and would catch mudsharks and stash them in a closet.

Zep and sharks: yeah, it was a red snapper, and one of the guys present at the time gives his account in "Hammer of the Gods." That book really is quite frightening.

Wasn't there something involving Led Zeppelin and a Great Dane?

www.myspace.com/donahelena

Support bored teenage ghost hunters. www.myspace.com/rock_paranormal

Yes, that one involved putting bacon....somewhere on a girl... and trying to get a dog to lick it.

Also Bonham throwing a fridge out of a window at the same hotel the fish incident happened at. Then Page went out in a boat to the fridge to get the booze out of it.

Also the time that someone in Zep wanted to test an advertisement for a VW beetle, that said the beetle was so tight it could float. So they drove a beetle into the ocean (and it didn't float).

I read a biography on zeppelin written by their tour manager. Good stuff!

Then there's Ozzy getting into a sort of "weirdness" fight with motley crue, where he ends up sniffing live ants and drinking his own pee.

And there's one about the crue injecting vodka direct into their veins. I'm not sure if that one is true.

Also the time that someone in Zep wanted to test an advertisement for a VW beetle, that said the beetle was so tight it could float. So they drove a beetle into the ocean (and it didn't float).

I don't know about the Zep urban legends, but I was in a friend's Beetle once when he decided to drive across a flooded road. Trust me, they float. :eek:

John

GP sacred cow of the year: Jimmy Vaughan

Archived