Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virgin Ebay-er

BluesKeys

Ok, I am subject lately to Eric Syndrome.

Hi my Name is Jimmy and I am a GASer.

I am now officially an Ebay-er, and made my first purchase on Tuesday night. I used paypal and a credit card for protection.

The seller of said auction is supposed to get my unit out today. So I will likely have a box show up the first of next week.

Newbe Question

When do I start to get worried about this seller? He had a 100% (not 98% as I thought) rating as a seller and buyer combined. I am just a little nervous because it is my first time. I would first off contact the seller but should that not be productive. What should I do if I don't see a package by Wed or Thur. do I start the process of cancelling and trying to get my money back?

Maybe it's buyers remorse setting in.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, looks like you could use a beer. :rolleyes:

You're having an [font:Comic Sans MS]ERIC MOMENT[/font]. :cool:

I don't know where you're getting all this money. All I can say is...

ERIC WILL BE SO PROUD! :thu:

So let's see. In the past couple of weeks you've bought:

Two EON G2 speakers with covers and stands

A HAMMOND organ

A new mixer

ANOTHER new mixer

A new Korg keyboard off eBay

I know I'm missing something, Jimmy.

Ummmmm, what am I missing? :grin:

Tom

PS YOU'RE paying for the beer. :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Don't worry we all get nervous the first time when we pop the cherry. :grin:

You should look to see where the package is coming from and give it a respectable amount of time based upon that. You could also request the tracking number from the seller so you can track your package. Generally most people are good about being honest. There are alot of things to consider on Ebay but a good general rule with music equipment and most high end stuff, if its too good to be true, its generally fraud.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Dude, looks like you could use a beer. :rolleyes:

You're having an [font:Comic Sans MS]ERIC MOMENT[/font]. :cool:

I don't know where you're getting all this money. All I can say is...

ERIC WILL BE SO PROUD! :thu:

So let's see. In the past couple of weeks you've bought:

Two EON G2 speakers with covers and stands

A HAMMOND organ

A new mixer

ANOTHER new mixer

A new Korg keyboard off eBay

I know I'm missing something, Jimmy.

Ummmmm, what am I missing? :grin:

Tom

PS YOU'RE paying for the beer. :)

OK OK TOM lets get this straight

YOU ARE NOT MY WIFE.... big boy :grin: :deadhorse:

You have just about got everything covered except for the time frame .... These purchases have been over the last 4 months. I will have some stuff to sell in the very near future so I see it as sort of trading gear around.

And I will buy the next round. Promise

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Don't worry we all get nervous the first time when we pop the cherry. :grin:

You should look to see where the package is coming from and give it a respectable amount of time based upon that. You could also request the tracking number from the seller so you can track your package. Generally most people are good about being honest. There are alot of things to consider on Ebay but a good general rule with music equipment and most high end stuff, if its too good to be true, its generally fraud.

Oh Silver one... thanks for the words of advice.

Yea, I am a little worried about this new way of trading gear. I would rather do things locally where I can put my hands on it but I guess you have to take the plunge sooner or later.

I will ask for a tracking number and follow it.

:thu:

Thanks SDS

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Jim,

I am so very proud of you! ERIC MOMENTS can be wonderful and sometimes a little strange (this is not hearsay - I have grounded data, from the source, to back this up).

As for eBay, don't worry too much about it. Did you investigate the seller's recently sold or bought items, just to be sure that it was not some kind of weird hijacked account? I found several auctions last week (which I promptly reported to eBay) in which a hijacker was taking bonafide eBay accounts that sold small items like sewing needles and stuff and listing dozens of high-dollar musical items with the stolen ID. I doubt that is what happened in your case.

The red flags go up if you have a user selling something completely unlike anything they have bought or sold (you can check their feedback for recent items and also search by seller and bidder with their eBay ID). If you want any additional help, just send me a PM. I've been doing the eBay thing (buying and selling) since 1999. It is highly addictive!

Regards,

Eric

Jim:

I'm not sure I have a good answer for your specific questions, but, if it makes you feel any better, I've bought a ton of stuff off ebay (music equipment and other random stuff) and I've never had a problem. I do pay a lot of attention to the seller's feedback ratings, with a strong preference for those who are at or very near 100% positive feedback, and I usually communicate at least once with the seller by email (through the site) prior to buying an item, because I feel that a prompt response to question or comment provides just a little more comfort that I'm dealing with someone who's trustworthy.

You may want to send a message to the seller saying something like, "Hey, I'm thrilled I won your auction. Now that I've paid you, can you give me a sense of when you'll be shipping the item? Great doing business with you." And, as SDS says, you can also ask for a tracking number. It's a lot more comforting when you're able to go to the UPS or FedEx website and watch that package make its way across the country to your home.

I hope it turns out well!

Noah

P.S. What are you gonna be selling?

OK OK TOM lets get this straight

YOU ARE NOT MY WIFE.... big boy :grin: :deadhorse:

You have just about got everything covered except for the time frame .... These purchases have been over the last 4 months. I will have some stuff to sell in the very near future so I see it as sort of trading gear around.

And I will buy the next round. Promise

:)

Oh no no no no... I'm not passing judgement here.

All I'm saying is that I wish I was/were you sometimes. (Which one is it, Stepay?)

Dude, I'm PROUD of ya! You got the gig with the full-time band. You played back-to-back gigs last Saturday. Got the picture of you and the guys in the newspaper publicizing your notoriety. In a nutshell, you're working your A$$ off. :cool::thu:

I'm just giving you a hard time because you'd do the same thing to me and I'm jealous/envious.

But it's OK. I'm just an old married guy who doesn't get out much. :rolleyes:

I'll stop now.

Yeah.

In fact, I won't even mention the numerous women who ring your phone. Learjeff can testify to that. We can't go anywhere with you without one of 'em calling you, wondering when you're going to stop by. :love:

Oh Brutha.

All I can say is:

[font:Comic Sans MS]I'm not worthy...[/font] [font:Comic Sans MS]I'm not worthy...[/font] [font:Comic Sans MS]I'm not worthy.[/font]

:snax::)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Blues, congrats on your first Ebay purchase. Everything will be fine. If you don't receive a tracking number soon, follow up with Eric, the king of transactions. :P

Seriously, follow up on the advice provided here and look forward to a productive union with your new ax. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

This will be my third attempt at responding to this thread. I seem to have a little button next to my "up" arrow that wipes everything I type away. So I have started copying as I go, so now on with the show.

Eric, I may take you up on your offer if I don't have a keyboard by the end of next week. I will certainly heed your warning about the sudden change of products for sale. I did a history search of this guy and it looks like he is a musician who could be kin to you my friend. :grin: I have found my recent bout of EricGAS (say that fast) rather uplifting and rewarding.

Noah, I did look hard at his rating and forgot it was 100% (not 98% which I first stated). I also instinctively asked a question about the keyboard before the end of the auction and he responded quickly. His responses after the auction have also been very prompt and that is certainly re-assuring. I found out he shipped it yesterday by USPS which doesn't have a tracking number. So I am at snail mail mercy at the moment.

Mr Gassious, As for you my little buddy :grin: I can only say we all have our envy. I have to say you have a wonderful life. You have a beautiful and loving wife, kids that adore you(er tolerate anyway), a nice job, pension, health insurance, income and a fine home and great gear. You play as well as anyone in these parts and better than most (including myself). You could easily be doing what I am doing except you made better choices in your life partner than I ever did. Now, to address the women part.... I am a gentleman and we don't discuss those things and if you ever repeat what I have told you I will swear you are lying.

Now, ProfD

Thanks I am still a bit apprehensive about my first purchase and will not settle down until I have my grimy little hands on my purchase. I am sure it will be a breeze as everyone says and this whole thing will become second nature to me.

thanks for every ones comments and maybe someday soon I will release some of my collection of gear onto ebay so's I can accumulate more. :thu:

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

I am a gentleman and we don't discuss those things and if you ever repeat what I have told you I will swear you are lying.

:)

Ummmmm, first of all - I know nothing.

Second of all, even if I did know something, by the next morning I would have forgotten it all. :rolleyes::(

Third of all, I know nothing.

http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/schultz_180.jpg

Uh... What were we talking about? :freak:

:snax:

Okay, all this talk of "Eric Moments," Jim's recent buying spree, and ebay purchases pushed me over the edge: Moments ago, I broke down and bought a used Alesis Micron off ebay. I've been hunting for a VA synth to add to my rig for a while, and ultimately I was impressed by the sound and very small form factor of the Micron. Besides, it was available pretty cheap, which means it'll cost me less grief with the wife.

I'm hoping to pick it up from the seller early in the week (since the seller turns out to be a local used merchandise retailer). I can't wait to get my hands on that little sucker! :love:

Thanks for the inspiration guys! Hanging out here is like going to an AA meeting where everyone just shares stories about all their good times as a drunk!!! :grin:

Noah

good for you Noah... don't you love capitalism?

spend and sell and spend some more

this is a cool place to hang out even after a gig with my cold beer. Though I would rather be with a chickypoo right now so I could tell Tom stories he could never repeat. :grin:

Cheers as Sven would say

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

ebay works.... I got my first ebay purchase today. It was a Korg Triton LE61. The beginning of my second rig and I was thrilled with the horns and strings that are stock. I think they are better than the stock Motif although I think the Motif offers more programing.

Thanks to all who comforted me in my time of dispair and fear over purchasing something and wondering if it will show up at my door.

I got what I wanted so now I have all three majors covered and I think by adding the the GEM RP-x in the next week and the Kurz PC3 when it is finally introduced I will have one of everything other than analog stuff.

Maybe now there will finally be a BluesKeys moment.... instead of an Eric Moment..... Naw Eric is and will always be the KING in my book. He is the original and I am just a wanna be.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived