Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anybody these soundsets for MotifES /S90ES?

Killerloop

Hi! Does anybody know one of these soundsets?

Vintage Keys (from Keyfax)

Stage & Studio

Magical Pads (both from Easysound)

Are these good products and worth their price?

I need gor Epianos (Rhodes Wurli AND DX7 stuff) good Clavinets, Brass and Pads for Pop/ Rock Music!

I hope xou can help me!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you already have a MotifES or S90ES, have you tried editing the onboard sounds to taste?

I'm not familiar with those soundsets. However, I do think it is a good idea to explore the possibilities of what you have already prior to dropping additional coin for something you may be able get with a little time spent under the hood. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

If you already have a MotifES or S90ES, have you tried editing the onboard sounds to taste?

I'm not familiar with those soundsets. However, I do think it is a good idea to explore the possibilities of what you have already prior to dropping additional coin for something you may be able get with a little time spent under the hood. :cool:

exactly right, S90ES has amazing capabilities. Very doubtful you'd not be able to get sound what you need.

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

I have the Vintage Keys library (purchased through KeyFax). I like a bunch of the sounds on it, but I actually returned to using many of the presets that came with my S90ES and tweaked them to taste as delirium and The Prof suggest. I do think Dave Polich (who programmed the Vintage Keys soundset) did a very good job of recreating some classic sounds as part of that library, however, including the signature keyboard sounds from ELP's Lucky Man, Queen's Best Friend, Journey's Separate Ways, Styx's Babe, and The Who's Baba O'Reilly and Won't Get Fooled Again. I also like a bunch of the lead sounds on there, and, at 35 bucks or whatever it costs, it's not like it's a huge investment.

I can't speak to the other two sound libraries that you mention, but if you're not a tweaker and you got 35 bucks to spare, I think Vintage Keys is a decent investment.

Noah

Hey, I just hit 500 posts. Cool. Noah

Congratulations on your milestone!

Stay cool and play on the VAs at the music store minus the contemplation of smacking the sh*t outta someone for being obnoxiously loud in there. :P:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Hey, I just hit 500 posts. Cool. Noah

Congratulations on your milestone!

Stay cool and play on the VAs at the music store minus the contemplation of smacking the sh*t outta someone for being obnoxiously loud in there. :P:cool:

PD: Will do. Thanks! -- Noah

Vintage Keys is great; though I agree with other posts that the synth side of it is more impressive than the e-piano side. For those sounds though, I tend to turn to DCP's Regenerator for the PLG150-AN card, and use the VK patches when I run out of timbrality on my AN plug-ins.

You can't go wrong for the money. Dave prices his libraries lower than most, even though they're way better than almost anyone else's. I use his patch programming almost exclusively in my studio work (and he knows it :-)). What really stands out is how much work he's put into playability via the controllers, and how well evefrything sits in the mix. A lot of synth programmers aren't as good with that part of it.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

Archived