Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Concert Ticket Sales A Joke

mdrs

So, I got home from work just now, and recieved an e mail from Rush.com that the pre sale for their concert tour started this am at 10. Being a working guy, I could not check my e mails till just now. So, I go to buy three tickets to bring my two sons, and don't you know that they don't have three tickets left to sell in the section I want!!! :mad: :mad:

Why wouldn't they send out the announcment e mails a day or two earlier? If you have to be at work, you are screwed, unless you can e mail from work.

I had a similiar bad time trying to get Police tickets recently.

I'm very disillusioned with the whole ticket sale scene. IMO...

IT SUCKS.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once ticketmaster took over, that was all she wrote. I feel your pain.

I'm missing G307. Could have paid their highway robbery price, but my son has a track meet. Booger that. So close, yet so far away.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

The prices are outrageous. I especially dispise the handling fees, facility fees, etc. etc.. Even if you get a decent ticket, your paying too much to paper pushers and computer network owners, and not enough to the artists who deserve the money.

Hell, even if you are willing to pay, you still get the shaft.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

That's exactly why I avoided G3 this year, and why I didn't get to go to a Breaking Benjamin show back in February. I called the venue a week in advance, and voila, I had my head in the ground for more than 3 hours so the tickets were all sold out. I agree with you, Don. If you work or go to school, you get screwed. I think something needs to be done about the first come, first serve BS or TicketMaster and TicketWeb are going to be hurting for business. I can't think of a solution off the top of my head, but I'll sit on it.
Shut up and play.

One thing that I have noticed, that is a disturbing trend, is that they send e mail notification to "club members" (of course you have to join the club at $100) on the very morning that tickets will be made available on the pre sale. So, you get an e mail at 8am, and the presale is at 10 am.

I got the shaft trying to get Who tickets this past year in just the same way.

I think that there should be ample notice in advance in order to allow those interested to all have a fair and reasonable chance at getting the best tickets.

I cut and pasted my "password" for the recent presale to get Police tickets. The Ticketmaster system didn't accept what was a valid password for the first 15 times I put it in. It finally did, but I got crappy tickets. I e mailed to complain, and got only lip service.

Bottom line is that Ticketmaster has no competition. Until that happens, this shit will continue. They sell tickets, and make their money. The rest, they could care less about.

Don

Don, Yeah I know what you mean. Luckly I work nights and was able to sit around and start the min. they went on sale. I threw back some tickets about 5 times untill I got some decent ones. Do the TicketMaster thing on Sat. morning. You should still be able to get pretty good seats. I was origanally goinbg to go the broker route but though IF I could score pretty close seats then I will be happy.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Doc,

You would be surprised on how much of that money goes to union wages, production, a little old lady in an office somewhere, the bus driver in that 2 million dollar bus, the trucks and then we add in the promoters cut. Even the promoters are taking a beating now a days with insurance and city code demands, taxes (yes, many cities charge special taxes for concerts) security, which is dictated by the city 99% of the time. It just keeps adding up.

I talked to Shaun Murphy, a very dear friend of mine, a couple of nights ago. We were joking about how she is going to be slumming it again with Little Feat after finishing the Bob Seger Tour. They flew to almost every gig, I was going to going to join them for one show in Atlanta but my doc said no, the hotel rooms started at $750 a night!

We are talking about a working mans rocker. Now think of the of the production that the Stones bring with them. The Eagles. I will have to dig up the Eagles food requirements list. I have a copy from a few years back. I could feed my family for a month on the dietary needs of the Eagles nightly! LOL

James Taylor did a one man tour last year. He didn't do it to make more money, he did it to keep the ticket prices down. If you made any of his shows, you know the tickets were very reasonable.

I am glad I just play and I am not involved in the road production end of the business. If you know any road manager of a good touring band and can slow him down long enough to talk to him, you will see the controlled madness they deal with daily. I don't know how they do it. They are a different breed and in my opinion, underpaid no matter what they make.

Peace.

PS If the above sounds a bit out of tune, you can thank my doctor who started me on a new management program yesterday. Aviinza daily (rumor has it that it is just a medical name for heroine LOL) and percocet for break though pain. I am having an implant (spinal stim unit) in a few weeks. I was in La La land all day yesterday and just now started to feel semi conscious.

Maybe you could check out the ticketmaster site itself? They have a list of coming events and when the tickets go on sale. Sometimes the information comes months in advance.

Ok, it's a bit late for THIS concert but...

Actually its not to late. This is a presale. So there are still good seats to be found on the day of the ACTUAL sale date, which is this Saturday. I know presale, regular sale????=stupid.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Archived