Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

EQ Pedal

A String

Many years ago, I had a Boss PQ-4 (Parametric EQ). It made my acoustic, sound like a dream and made my bass sound punchy and full. I loved that pedal, but it was taken from me, along with several other items, by my sister's, disgruntled ex-boyfriend.

Anyway....

I have searched high and low for another one, but Boss stopped making them. Today, I finally found one on Ebay. I am unable to buy it, as they only sell to the US, but I thought I should post the info here, so that someone else can snap this amazing pedal up. They are rare and very hard to find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSS-PQ-4-PARAMETRIC-EQ-EQUALIZER-PEDAL-PQ4-RARE_W0QQitemZ170094820345QQcategoryZ101973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey A-String....

Quick question.

I've used BBE's in my PA's and liked them.

Now that they have a BBE pedal, would that work similarly to an EQ pedal?

I know it does far more, but one knob seems to increase bass/punch while the other increases treble/clarity.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Randy

"Just play!"

Hey A-String....

Quick question.

I've used BBE's in my PA's and liked them.

Now that they have a BBE pedal, would that work similarly to an EQ pedal?

I know it does far more, but one knob seems to increase bass/punch while the other increases treble/clarity.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Randy

I have to be honest with you, I've used the rack mounts, but up until now, I had no idea they made a pedal version. Certainly worth checking out.

Wow! The description on the Sonic Stomp looks great.

It's my favorite pedal by far. I loved it so much I bought an 882i rackmount (2 channels). To my ear the BBE Sonic products do more for my tone than anything else I ever tried. Highly recommended!

As much as I'd like that Boss PQ-4, no telling how high it'll go... I hate reserve auctions. :(

As far as the Sonic Stomp, BBE also makes a DI-100x which is a small, bright red DI box with a switchable sonic maximizer included for good measure. I borrowed one last weekend for a jam where I was playing guitar and keys through a guitar amp (yeah, I know). I just needed a DI box with a ground lift to match the hot output from the clonewheel to the guitar amp's clean channel and clean up the 60 Hz hum, which it does a great job at. But switching on the sonic maximizer.... WOW! A steal, IMO at $150.

John

GP sacred cow of the year: Jimmy Vaughan

Archived