Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

intonation.......ARGGGGGHHHHH

StillHere

Let me point out that I was the fist one to call him an a$$hole and I feel more justified now.

I hope you get your problem fixed. Try Harmony Central, they're much nicer over there...

And I knew you were probably right when you did it....

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for trying to help, guys.

Cool. :)

So how did you get on? Is the problem ok?

If not, could you give us a list of the steps you've performed in order to set the intonation?

Something like

1) change strings

2) check tuning, using electronic tuner

3) ...

I know it's laborious, but that's the only way we can understand what's wrong.

the last time i set intonation on any guitar was about a year and a half ago, so you can probably guess how lost I was. When I said "It", I meant my G string, that was the one most out of whack at the time. Heres what I was doing wrong: I would tune the guitar to pitch and then set the intonation, causing the string to go out of tune. then i would tune it back to pitch and try to re-intonate it. so really, i just got the steps mixed up. Sorry i didn't respond quicker, i had two shows in cheboygan, which is a ways away from me.

the last time i set intonation on any guitar was about a year and a half ago, so you can probably guess how lost I was. When I said "It", I meant my G string, that was the one most out of whack at the time. Heres what I was doing wrong: I would tune the guitar to pitch and then set the intonation, causing the string to go out of tune. then i would tune it back to pitch and try to re-intonate it. so really, i just got the steps mixed up. Sorry i didn't respond quicker, i had two shows in cheboygan, which is a ways away from me.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Archived