Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT ... ads at this site

Dave Horne

The last few times I looked here there was a bright blue banner from the US Air Force stating 'Do something amazing / Play Guitar? / US Air Force Bands are hiring guitarists.

I suggested several times to the USMA Band (Army) that they advertise in Keyboard magazine for their openings, their keyboard oenings.

While it's great the Air Force is advertsing for guitar players, it would make more sense for them to advertise at Guitar Player, right?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the US Airforce is not always accurate with it's targeting :o

Dave

Painfully so.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

HUH? I'd say they acquired their correct target with laser-guided precision. And they've obviously got good intelligence - They know that guitar players can't read. They know that WE all know at least a few guitar players we'd like to send . .somewhere right - to ok . . "do something amazing - play guitar" - -

Ads? What ads? I don't see any ads... :cool:

Here's an ad: This message brought to you by Firefox 2.0.x w/ Adblock Plus and the Adblock Filterset.G Updater, plus FlashBlock. ;)

John

GP sacred cow of the year: Jimmy Vaughan

I just hopped over to the GP forums to check, and the ads are the same. I saw the USAF ad after clicking around there a bit. I guess the same ads are available for the entire MP Forum site and they are picked randomly or whatever. I would guess that the only targeted ads are the Gooooogle ads, which are placed based on keywords from the page being generated.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived