Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bose PAS "Double Bass package" - Will it work?

execlass2

I've always had problems with my sound. Despite having top-notch keyboards, somehow the quality of sound live x studio monitors x headphones seem to vary wayyy too much.

Currently i'm using a pair of powered Tannoy Reveal monitors + Bassin my studio, and a pair of Fender PA speakers, amped by a NSX 600W amp when going live.

Here's what I would need - considering that most of the times I play solo, and for small venues BUT sometimes i play with a pop/rock cover band. i would like to have the same studio setup in a portable configuration that i could use both in the studio and live. Enter the Bose PAS "Double Bass Package", comprised of a couple of L1's, a couple of PS1's, and four B1's.

If my understanding is correct, this system would allow for both monitoring and main sound source for the audience, without any other amplification needed? I need a good stereo image, so i think having a pair of L1's is a must? Will it also work well in the studio? Will it allow me to do a good mix? I use keyboards, one mic and a drum machine while live solo, plus a couple guitars and bass when with the band. Will this be suitable for me?

Kawai MP7, Kurzweil PC361, DSI Pro2, Streichfett, Nektar P6, NI Maschine Studio, KMI QuNeo, Eventide H9, Zoom MS100BT, VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Arturia BeatStep Pro.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived