Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

St. Patrick's Day party madness.....

Tenstrum

Some how, my band has actually got 2 gigs booked for this Friday.

We are opening the show at a local bar near my house and then closing the show at a local college hangout about 30 minutes up the road.

The good and bad:

In order to do both shows we will be playing on the 1st bands equipment using our own instruments, their drums and their PA, however they have no sound man so our guitarist will have to do the sound checking. So we are going to roll in about 8:30, get the sound setup. Start at 9:30, play for one hour, pull our stuff off, resound check the next band and then haul butt up to the second gig.

At the second gig we will be using our PA which we will have had to setup earlier that evening. We should be arriving at 11:15, just as the opening band is finishing, pull their stuff off, put our stuff on, then sound check and play for another hour.

After which we can breakdown and go home.

Hopefully, we will be able to get a sound man to run sound for the second show, if not that is REALLY going to put us in a bind.

I'm curious as to how we are going to go over at the college spot because we are not very college-ee.

All I know is that come Saturday, I am going to be one tired and sore puppy....

But it should be a blast!

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you set up the second gig "earlier", who's going to watch the equipment? Sounds tricky.

I don't know what college people listen to by you, but my experience from my kids is that you can't assume that all kids like one kind of music. And most kids respect well-done music of varied types.

Best of luck!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Well the college gig has been canceled.

Seems some people are afraid of a little rain...

Guess they've never heard of a tent.

Oh well. That just means less pressure and I get to drink some green beer after I finish playing. :)

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

I'm sorry that the second show got cancelled, but I'm glad you were able to partake of the green ale.

Here is some St. Patrick's Day fun. The Muppet Show rendition of "Danny Boy". The Swedish Chef projects genuine heartfelt emotion with his graceful baritone. Beaker finally unleashes his amazing tenor chops. Animal cries. A must see, really.

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Archived