Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone have a Fatar Studio 2001?

DaveMcM

I just picked one up and when turned on it is emitting a high pitched whine somewhere within the case (sounds like it is coming from directly under the preset and zone buttons). I had one of these years ago but don't remember it producing any strange sound like this.

If any Studio 2001 owners out there would mind confirming if this is normal or not I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the display. Mine makes a similar noise, but quite limited; I have to get really close to the display to hear it. I've heard of some 2001s which emit a rather noticeable noise, but I never heard one of these in person. BTW, I believe it's quite common among ageing instruments.

As a side note, my 2001 is holding perfectly after a number of years (I have serial number 9!).

Thank you marino for confirming this noise. I really love this controller. I bought one back in 1993 and sold it years later. Now that I have a couple of modules that I want to start using live, I went on a mission to buy a new 88 note controller and left each store wishing I had kept the Studio 2001. As it turned out I ran into an old friend at the last store I visited that had bought one after seeing mine years ago and offered it to me. I had to replaced the back-up battery but other than that it is perfect. After the initial setting up of devices, the Studio 2001 is a real pleasure to use, and to play.

Thanks again,

Dave

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Archived