Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cable Hunting in the UK?

aphemia

Hi guys

I'm trying to hunt down some audio cables on the web and I'm not finding exactly what I'm after. I know that I AM being really fussy on this, but I'm a keyboard player so it's allowed, right?!

I would like to find a dual balanced cable with angled jacks at at least one end, if not both. I can only find dual cables with straight jacks or angled jacks that aren't dual cables. I'm looking for 2-3metres.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to where I might be able to find such a cable, or am I going to have to get these specially made???

Thanks fellow keyboard dudes in advance

Aphemia

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooo - that sounds fun! I'm currently trying to figure out how to make myself a pedal board too. I've found some decent advice on the archives of this forum on the pedal board already.

Focussing creative energy on things other than music for a change!

Can anyone recommend a good and thorough internet guide for cable making preferably with lots of pics? I'm not exactly a whizz with this sort of thing. Definitely very unwhizzy in fact.

Thanks Moe and to anyone else who can help

Aphemia

If you google "soldering tutorial" you will get lots of hits.

This one looked good:

http://www.kingbass.com/soldering101.html

Aargh. You should attach the wire to the connector mechanically, not via use of solder - you solder to create an electrical contact.

Also, I have heard of people using heat shrink plastic to improve strain relief. Anybody got the goods on that?

Archived