Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

King Kamehameha

Hey Phil!

Saw your thread about swimming.

I'm heading back to the pool today. I was swimming 2-3 times a week before my hand got broke. Hope to get back to that soon.

Later!

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil, great pic of Hillsbrough. I heard that the Chersterfield Somerfield is on fire now. They are now just waiting for a plauge of locusts.

Good luck Tenstrum.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

• 2 weeks later...

Well UK guys,

I've just heard my band has folded as the guitarist has withdrawn.

I'm seriously wondering if I want to go on playing - over 60, heart condition - arthritis etc.

So I'm going to offload a bundle of gear. I may end up keeping only my fretless.

If I have anything you fancy(!) then Forumites can have first dibs on it before it goes to the dreaded Ebay In The Sky.

Geoff.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Yeah... keep at it! If it is something that gives you pleasure, why stop?

I'm busier now more than ever and tippin in at *cough* 40. I wish that I realized my love for playing 10 years ago. It's addictive. I've always loved playing, don't get me wrong. I just never looked for players and always was a bedroom player to an extent.

Hold onto the stuff, maybe.... MAYBE streamline your gear a little.

Just look for some new players that might inspire you to start playing metal! heh

I just sight read "Girl from Ipanema" last night for the first time in a big band rehearsal. HA! My Dad would have NEVER guessed that I would play that tune let alone even like it!

Stay strong Bass Brother!

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Well, I got through it, I didn't say I nailed it! heh :)

I start reheasal tomorrow (Sunday) for Joseph and the amazing technoid color'd dreamcoat for a local Community Theater. Music is okay, the show is corny. If the costumes are anything like the DVD I hope that they were VERY selective on the cast!

Spandex is not a right, it's a PRIVILEDGE!!

Going from playing Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater stuff to this is a BIG jump but my reading is getting better each day.

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Geoff, you're probably just feeling a bit shell shocked and in a slight depression. I'd give at a month or so and then review your position. Maybe find band playing music with a less demanding role/schedule if your hands and back are not good. Just pick stuff you will enjoy.

My Dad still plays keyboards. He's 68. But he's very picky about what he does. Plenty of summer Jazz trios (Him, me and my bro, on drums)

Playing in shows is great isn't it brocko? The show is SUPPOSED to be corny, it's British humour. Tounge in cheeks stuff :D

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

This constant rain is depressing me more than the band folding......

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/278.gif

:)

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Two cracking gospel choirs playing free gigs at the British Library round the corner from my house tomorrow!

http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/features/sacred/events.html

Friday 10 August

12.45 IDMC Gospel Choir Young gospel choir led by John Fisher with a strong contagious urban contemporary gospel sound. Infectious and energetic message of love, hope, joy and peace for everyone.

17.30 London Community Gospel Choir Dynamic melodies with rich harmonies ranging from octets to a 30-strong choir. A funky gospel flair, swing-beat, R'n'B, traditional and soulful arrangements, with invigorating choreography and vocal gymnastics.

Price: Free

It's been a good venue, I've been over for free concerts every day by a range of Jewish, Muslim and Christian musicians. The music celebrates the Sacred exhibition at the Library which is an absorbing display of Christian, Jewish and Muslim religious texts and other materials.

OT yes, music uh, yes. Ear worms I like to leave my co-workers with.

If you must sing a standard, own it.

Keep this playing on your pc when you leave the office

llama llama duck! :D

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Its been a while. I had to take a break from the computer. I think that the computer is more addictive than many drugs.

I had not seen the "homework" page until just now.

Sweet.

Finally got a group up adn running. Vocals, bass, and drums. Thats it. Had people up and out of their seats 1/2 through the first song and that makes me happy.

Jonathan