Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

King Kamehameha

I invited my mother for dinner and, during the course of the meal, I realized she couldn't help but notice how lovely Joanne was. Joanne is my flat mate. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two of us, and this only made her more curious.

So I volunteered, "I know what you are thinking, but I assure you, Joanne & I are just flat mates. Our only common interest is music."

About a week later, Joanne came to me saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the frying pan, you don't suppose she took it do you?"

"Well I doubt it, but I'll eMail her just to be sure..."

-----------------------

To: Mum

Subject: The frying pan...

Dear Mother,

I'm not saying that you DID take the frying pan from my house. I'n not saying that you DID NOT take the frying pan but the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.

Love, Bobby.

-----------------------

Several days later, I received an email from my mother which read:

-----------------------

To: Bobby

Subject: Re: The frying pan...

Dear Son,

I'm not saying that you DO sleep withy Joanne, and I'm not saying that you DO NOT sleep with Joanne, but the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the frying pan by now.

Love, Mum.

-----------------------

Don't lie to your mother!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has nothing to do with anything ever and I hope that nobody is able to read anything in any way offensive into it, but whenever I read a post by one of our British LDers and they type "y'all" it reminds me of the movie Mickey Blue Eyes. It makes me laugh. :)

Karl!!!! What are you talking about! It couldn't have been the haircut! What up?!?!?!? ANd very glad the word "almost" is in that sentence. It would be much worse without that qualifier.

It's not like we weren't interested before, donchaknow.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

:P I came flying off my bike landed on a barbed wire fence all twisted up in a ditch with my bike lying on top of me in the pitch black. No one could see me wither I had loads of cars pass me. My little brother passed me on his bike and so did my dad. So really I could of froze to death, i could of cut my throat on the barbedwire, i could of broke my neck when my face plated the ground, could of broke my back when my bike decided to follow me or somthing, So i got really lucky.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Karl - you got the first one out of the way. Congrats.

With a little luck you learned a little about your bikes limitations - and yours. Get back on the horse and use that knowledge.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Yeah you did warn me. I'm gonna listen to warnings from now on. So cars? :P What about them?

I have had about 32 cars at last count. What would you like to know? :love:

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Yeah you did warn me. I'm gonna listen to warnings from now on. So cars? :P What about them?

I have had about 32 cars at last count. What would you like to know? :love:

Rocky

Any warnings :P

Karl - you got the first one out of the way. Congrats.

With a little luck you learned a little about your bikes limitations - and yours. Get back on the horse and use that knowledge.

I tried but there is no point riding if you are riding scared.

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

:P I came flying off my bike landed on a barbed wire fence all twisted up in a ditch with my bike lying on top of me in the pitch black. No one could see me wither I had loads of cars pass me. My little brother passed me on his bike and so did my dad. So really I could of froze to death, i could of cut my throat on the barbedwire, i could of broke my neck when my face plated the ground, could of broke my back when my bike decided to follow me or somthing, So i got really lucky.

OMG!! Is your bass ok?

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

OMG!! Is your bass ok?

Yes luckly she wasnt with me at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I'm a Fender man, eat me. It's not that I don't love others.

What do you think of these pre-worn(and pre selling) instruments?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=104496&src=3TP9A2&ZYXSEM=0&Prime=

All the makers that have been around more than 20 years have done it. Is it worth paying for the look? Wouldn't you rather scruff it up yourself? It's funny, if you look at the finish options on MF no matter what instrument, each finish has the same "wear". Oxidized bridge, no thanks. Wait, no cigarette burns since the 50's and 60's? Neck wear on a fender can be a great thing, or a tragic one (but fixable) so I wonder what they do there.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!