Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

multitrack

hello I'd just like to make sure if I'm right: If a sound card has digital IO (well, output in my example) is it possible to (through some converters and with special software) get multitrack outputs to place them on different channels on an analog mixer? This isn't possible, is it? Thanks, Matej

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matej, > [i]If a sound card has digital IO (well, output in my example) is it possible to (through some converters and with special software) get multitrack outputs to place them on different channels on an analog mixer?[/i] < The issue is not digital versus analog. It's how many physical outputs there are on the sound card. Unless your sound card has an 8-channel lightpipe output or something similar, each output is capable of a left and right channel only. --Ethan [ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: Ethan Winer ]

Couple problem with your request, but yes it's possible. You do not need digital i/o, if you did the you would need a DA converter of some sort to get it into a analog mixer. Also some soundcards and softwares will allow multiple soundcards in the same computer, to get multiple outputs to your mixer. That can add up to as many stereo (L/R) times (X) # of soundcards you can handle. Also good to look at products from aardvark and midiman that have multiple analog ins an outs, Good Luck. [ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: audio-idiot ]
Who keeps moving my chair?

Archived