Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer BCR2000 with Yamaha PLG150-AN?

GregH

Group,

Just wondering if anybody is using the Behringer BCR2000 with the Yamaha PLG150-AN. I have the PLG150-AN installed in a Yamaha Motif RackES, but have limited controller functions with my current synth-action keyboard (Roland XP-50).

The BCR2000 seems like an inexpensive way to add many rotary encoders to my keyboard (via its merge function), and appears to be very programmable, aided by software provided by Behringer.

I'd like to be able to use the BCR2000 as a stand-alone device (without the computer) to address most parameters of the PLG150-AN in real-time. Is anybody on this forum currently using the BCR2000 (or the fader version, the BCF2000) in this type of an application? If so, how's it working for you? Does the merge function tend to "notch" continuous controller information (e.g. expression pedal and slider info) coming from the MIDI input?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did this with my pc1600x. I have to look at what I did, but I think there were a few CCs that are acessible in the PLG AN reserved to do this. I'll get back to you.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Rod,

Thanks!

I assume you mean that you used the PC1600X to control the PLG150AN. Providing the PC1600X and the BCR2000 are comparable in terms of what they can transmit, your experiences will be really helpful in my decision making (particularly since I won't have the opportunity to actually try the BCR2000 before I buy it...).

I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Greg

Archived