Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Look at all these earthquakes

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ironically as I feel asleep the morning of the sept. 11th CNN was reporting about a small earthquake in California: of course that must have gotten lost in the shuffle of the news of that day. Seems like there's a good bit of quake activity in California? ASIDE: When did the word "temblors" come into spoken habit? Seems like I didn't hear that word prior to the San Fran quake, seems to be a mis-contraction of "tremble" and "tremor"? I hear this constantly in the news now... I suppose I didn't pay proper attention before? Gap in my knowledge base.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by GY: That's another reason I got the hell out of there and moved here... [/quote] Well, I've lived in Nebraska (twisters), Portland(Mt. St. Helens), and the Great Lakes (blizzards). Seems like there's something liable to kill you wherever you go.

That one yesterday (Sunday) morning was a nice little rocker, though. I normally don't even notice anything under 4.0, but that was a pretty sharp little jolt. I was in my studio recording, and thought my little son was shaking the back of my chair. When I turned around and realized I was alone, I quickly got my ass into a doorframe out of habit. When you live in So. Cal. your whole life, earthquakes are just part of everyday existance. At least the small ones. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b]That one yesterday (Sunday) morning was a nice little rocker, though. I normally don't even notice anything under 4.0, but that was a pretty sharp little jolt. I was in my studio recording, and thought my little son was shaking the back of my chair. When I turned around and realized I was alone, I quickly got my ass into a doorframe out of habit. When you live in So. Cal. your whole life, earthquakes are just part of everyday existance. At least the small ones. - Jeff[/b][/quote] I felt the 3.7 shock and the 3.0 a couple minutes later, maybe another one a bit later. Got the same sharp jolt, my wife's glass figurines did a little tap dance on the shelf for a couple seconds. My cat was the most freaked out - and Jeff, an hour earlier she decided to follow your cats act and proceeded to vomit on my TV. :D I had to take it apart and clean it up, fortunately none of the electronics were hit, it managed to land harmlessly on the inside of the rear plastic cover. WHEW!! Kinda made me wonder if the cat knew the quake was coming, she definitly didn't like the one we had back in September.

"Don't say I didn't warn ya.."

www.mp3.com/adamkittle

Yeah.. I felt that quake... I was still in bed... I woke up for about 60 seconds... Then I went back to sleep... What's the big deal? :D We have hundreds of small earthquakes everyday that you'd never feel. You have a better chance of getting killed in an airplane or a car (that's a fact BTW). Think of this... the Northridge quake here in LA killed about 54 people. That was the first big quake we had for about 10 years. That averages about 5 people a year die from quakes here in LA (just an example). When you hear about thousands of people being killed in an earthquake it's because they live in a poor country with older buildings that aren't designed well. Modern buildings are designed so they will stay up just long enough for everyone to get out... like the WTC. I like quakes MUCH better than tornados and hurricanes... at least with earthquakes when it's all done, you know your underwear isn't on some grassy hill in the next county! :D Valky Born and raised in earthquake country.. LA!

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Archived