Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

loop production environments Fruity Loops Orion others

sometimes I feel like I am both 15 minutes into the future - and the last one to learn... I have that feeling again. I have become aware of loop based production environments that feel like very old school sequencers and can play VSTi's. I suspect that a lot of the development of these came from people who used to develop on Amigas. Mods, trackers and that sort of thing. I have been goofing with demos of Fruity Loops and Orion and I am finding a lot to like. I got more musically useful experiments out of Orion, but it is pretty spare. Fruity is busier. So what do you think about depth, utility and rendered sound quality of these tools?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do words like loops & sound quality really belong in the same thread? I haven't tried Orion but I love Fruity loops with Acid. I find it real quick to knock up an idea then play with the shift function until it is rocking. Of course I could do it in Cubase but theres something about all those buttons. Also it's quicker to set up than Halion. I used to read on bulletin boards that FL was not selling in the states coz it was cheap & named like a toy. But for, is it $50? you would be hard pressed to buy something more useful. Peace

[quote]Originally posted by inadequate.com: [b]Do words like loops & sound quality really belong in the same thread? [/b][/quote] yup, that's funny. ;) I hate working with stuff that eventually gives me a dull headache. But I can make exceptions if I am grinning. I kind of ignored them because they weren't pro, but they are engaging, and fast, and fun, and they now seem to be pretty capable. Dumping the product into Acid was part of my plan. Pat

Archived