Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

whats the deal with music videos

Is it that the labels are trying to drown the artists in debt? I hear about videos costing $1 million or more to make, and then the next day, MTV remakes this video for the show "being" and I am sure MTV is not spending no $1 million to remake a video. Maybe $5000-10,000 if that. Why are videos costing $1,000,000. WHen I see them, I certainly don't see why they should, especially given the unimaginative state of videos today. ps. U2 "stuck in a moment" video is just awesome.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THE AVERAGE MUSIC VIDEO YOU SEE ON MTV COSTS LOW 6 FIGURES TO MAKE WHICH IS STILL ALOT OF MONEY CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE MUSIC VIDEO WIRE THERE ARE ALOT OF POST FROM GUYS IN NY AND LA WHO WORK ON CURRENT VIDEOS

And you also have to figure that the "Being" videos are done by people trying to break into the biz. They may also be folks that currently work for Mtv. I mean there are so many things that factor into it. I could imagine that really bad LL Cool Jay video with the water tank, that had to cost a lot!
Jen H.

I bet that cool Cake video didn't cost nearly that much to make. And for that matter, Fatboy Slim's "Praise You" was probably a fairly inexpensive one too. Just goes to show you that the best videos aren't always the most expensive.

We have million dollar videos with no originality... so we can sell lots of $15 cd's to cover the huge costs of the videos. Cheaper videos could mean cheaper cd's with the same amount of money left over for the artist. Genie won't go back in the bottle though. Unless Internet kills the MTV star. ;) Got my fingers crossed, Jerry

MasterZap said: [quote] Why they cost six figures when I can do THIS for $50 in my garage, I wonder /Z [/quote]Yes... you should start your own production company and undercut everyone else. Well... maybe you should bid a little higher than $50 to start. :D

Archived