Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gripes about the 'updates'

1. Really slow. 2. Harder to read; mamber info is jammed in under a vertical visual that makes you spend more time trying to figure out what is post and what is static. 3. DON'T TAKE US BACK TO THE TOPIC WE JUST POSTED IN!!!! It's pointless. I just went through this kind of change on the FenderDiscussionPage. There is no benefit in being taken back to the topic we just posted in to see our own words; you need to wait for responses. TAKE US BACK TO THE FORUM!!
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure I'll be outvoted on this one, but I actually LIKE going back to the topic where I just posted. No, I'm not looking for "instant responses", but I DO like to re-read what I posted to make sure there's no blantant errors... Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html email: pokeefe777@msn.com

What's with the having to login bullshit when yesterday it was automated? How can you claim it is faster and better when you make people go through another hoop or two? This is the kind of bullshit that drives people away... Oh, and I vote to get rid of the fuckin gay icons. It really bugs the shit out of me.
- AudioGaff -

Uh... what "Gay Icons" are you reffering to? ... This stuff if you go to the topic or the forum after posting should be a user preference. I personally WANT to go back to the thread where I posted every time. My MAIN dislike so far is that links are not visible! Is I post [url=http://www.master-zap.com/music]a link[/url] in my message nobody will see it! I really hate sites that make links in text "non link looking". Blue-ish (or at least colored somehow) underlined text is standard for links. Keep them blueish (colored) and underlined PLEASE! /Z [ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Master Zap ]

originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [quote]I'm sure I'll be outvoted on this one, but I actually LIKE going back to the topic where I just posted. No, I'm not looking for "instant responses", but I DO like to re-read what I posted to make sure there's no blantant errors...[/quote] ya' missed one. originally posted by audiowave: [quote]Oh, and I vote to get rid of the fuckin gay icons.[/quote] man, you may as well post your low IQ.

[quote]Originally posted by Master Zap: [i]This stuff if you go to the topic or the forum after posting should be a user preference. I personally WANT to go back to the thread where I posted every time.[/i][/quote] Yes, it should be a preference; and I like to double check my post after I post as well.

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Uh... this form always had per-post-icons did it not? (I must truly admit i dont remember if it did - so many bboards do) Or are you reffering to the emoticons such as the :D smiley or :) smiley? They always been there for those who know how to use 'em. Smileys are indispensible for effective online communications. These *must* be there, thats non-negotiable, un-discussable even :) [img]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/ruinkai/smashfreakB.gif[/img] As for the per-post icons, well, I must admit they are not important to me but could be used to convey the "mood" of a post. [img]http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/cwm/3dlil/killtard.gif[/img] Toodle-pip /Z [ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Master Zap ]

I did feel that this was the best forum I ever used, and it still is. However few small bugs.... I don't see the need to go back to the topic I've just replyed to - I agree it should be a member choice. However, in a longer then 2 pages topic there is surtenly no need for me to go back to the first page.... And no, it doesn't seems faster. But this is still the best forum I know. :D Danny

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

Well, I prefer to go back to the list of topics instead of the just posted thread. One suggestion I might add. This is my fav board around but my former fav had a cool feature. They had a thread tracker so when you logged on, you're given a list of the threads you've posted to so far and you can see if anyone else has added to the thread or not. It's quite handy, 'specially if you're a bit senile and forget how many/which threads you've posted to.

This thing to toooooooooooooooooooooo slow!!!!! I don't mind going back to the thread i jut posted in, because if the connection was faster, it wouldn't matter! The emoticons are fine by me. Just speed it up!

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

[quote]Originally posted by DC: [b]This is my fav board around but my former fav had a cool feature. They had a thread tracker so when you logged on, you're given a list of the threads you've posted to so far and you can see if anyone else has added to the thread or not.[/b][/quote] That too!!!!!

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Now it looks just like that "other" music forum... I really don't see any speed increase in the loading. There is now just more "junk" on the page to sift through. I guess the SpellChecker is gone...? Well...it sucked anyway!!! Screw that login/logout crap. Loose all the extra icon bullshit. Please stop messin' with the damn fonts...you're killing my eyes. I agree with Phil O'Keefe about going back to the topic you posted on...I too like to check for typo's or maybe even add a line sometimes. But...could you at least take it back to the right page. If there is more than one page in the thread, you are taken back to Page 1 and not to the last page where you just posted...kinda'dumb. Probably the only thing I like in this new one is some of the added features in the editing window. [ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: miroslav ]

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

1)I like going back to my post to proof read it once more. 2)The server is slow. I'm at work. I may not have time to wait for it. Maybe it's temporary. We'll see. 3)I do like logging in instead or supplying password and username for every post. This fixes the problem I was complaining about where your info didn't get autofilled most of the time. [ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: dino321 ]

OK, I do not want to only complain about the upgrade. One of the best sites I have found is [url=http://www.craigslist.org]www.craigslist.org[/url] and the reason it works so well is that it does not try do do much. Very straight forward. I know this is a different situation, this is a complex beast, but simplicity (in a BBS, or in a mix) can be a very good thing. Just a suggestion. And now back to our previously scheduled rantings. -David R.
-David R.

I understand that people have their personal preferences, but I think that all of this bitching is a bit uncalled for. Kudyba obviously cares alot about making this site a good experience for all, so how about we cut him some slack eh?All I care about is that when I log on, it says: [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/newexpert.gif[/img] Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage (Moderated by: Anderton) Thanks to all who keep this thing up for all the hard work! :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

amen brutha KHAN, as a software developer, whenever i write a new peice of code or i am working with new software, i expect some bugs....it's all part of the game. so the forums are slow....so the fonts are hard to read....(in the voice of grandpa simpson) "BITCH BITCH BITCH...." give it a chance, be patient, i am sure that Kudyba is working very hard to get this forum working in tip top shape - one bug at a time. SactoG [ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: sactog ]
0096 2251 2110 8105

• 4 weeks later...
Search - 2 problems : 1 : user Nr. I realy can't remember users nr, let me look for the name again. 2 : after a search , I would like to see the poster of the message in the result page, and I would like to be able to return to the search result after checking few of the links... Thanks Danny

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

[quote]Originally posted by pokeefe777@msn.com: [b]I'm sure I'll be outvoted on this one, but I actually LIKE going back to the topic where I just posted. No, I'm not looking for "instant responses", but I DO like to re-read what I posted to make sure there's no blantant errors... [/b][/quote] Me too. I just HAVE to do this because of my "no very so good Engliesh..." :D [ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Gulliver ]
I am back.

Hey Rob, I don't know if you can do anything about this one, but the "Search" feature is missing something now... you used to be able to search all the forums at once, and now you have to search them individually. This seriously decreases the value of the tool. With so many forums, it's sometimes difficult to remember which forum you saw something on, and being able to use a few keywords and search them all at once is a real timesaver.... Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html NEW URL (Coming soon!) http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@msn.com

Yeah I've mentioned the search issue change in other posts. We had to do it this way to save resources so your experience doesn't get any slower. Since we have TONS of threads here a search of all forums would really slow the site down as the software developers have yet to optimize the search feature. They say they're working on it and it's a priority. Just to give you an example, ONE search (just by a single user) of this forum requires over 50 MB of memory! That ain't no typo...

OK...I'll probably get crucified for this...but man...this forum is like wet cement lately. I don't know...it's...it's v-e--r---y----s-----l------o-------o--------o---------w I'm watching it take forever to load the ads (what else is new), and then hitting the back button...time to go for that second cup of jo...wet cement. I know, I know...all these great new features and great new look and real slick new layout...yada, yada, yada... ...wet cement. [ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: miroslav ]

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Archived