Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender Super-Sonic

Hardtail

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guitar One magazine gave it a positive review. They did say that the vibrolux channel is way too bright. So bright, that they rolled the treble almost completely off but it still sounded really good.

I'll be interested to read your opinion on it.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

I tried one at GC a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. I didn't get a chance to really give it a good test drive, but if I were looking for a new amp, I would give it a serious look based on the little bit that I played it. That I remember, each channel sounded really good (to me, anyway). Seems like a nice, very versatile amp. Worth checking out.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

I tried it today at GC and unforuntately, the volume levels were very conservative but I was dissapointed for several reasons:

1. Clean tone with switch IN or OUT was very sterile sounding.

2. Overdrive/distortion channel was too bright. I had to turn the treble to ~10:00 to get a decent sound.

3. Overall it was not a sound I would be happy with for $1,000!

A Fender forum I frequent also reports that there have been quality-control issues as well. One will sound great at one location and test drive the same model at a different store and it may sound completely different.

Archived