Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rough demos... please listen

BooRadley79

Hi all

I just put together a myspace page for the first time and wouldnt mind some feed back on a a couple of rough demos i put on there... They are both kinda countryish tunes i suppose with no melody or vocal... just guitars so if you have any ideas on how i can improve or add to them please dont hesitate to reply.

Even some feedback on how i can make the page look better... it looks really boring at the moment... I have to figure how to decorate a myspace page. Any replies would be much appreciated.

http://www.myspace.com/booradley1979

Cheery Bye

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you're on the the right track. Tighten up the timing on the individual parts a little bit, and come up with a vocal ot lead or both, and you'll be okay. ON the first tune, I'd lose the chorus on the electric, or at least back the intensity of it down, but that's a matter of taste. You might see if you can do a little more with the slide part too, but not too much.

Not a bad job.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Welcome to the forum Boradley.

We actually have a "Sticky" at the top of the page where you can post links to your songs, for folks to listen to. It's the "Master Music Post" area. here is the link to get you started:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/19/t/010804/p/23.html

Hi Boo and welcome to the best guitar Forum on the internet! Well pretty nice job on those tunes, Pickers comments are spot on I think. I would suggest on the Eminor thing that maybe the electric guitar lead track be moved more towards the center of the track or spread over both tracks but with less prominence possibly. I like the slide guitar parts and maybe more of it would be a good idea on both the tracks somehow. A real drum track would be a nice touch too, I like the sound of your acoustic guitars. Overall going the right direction Boo!

Nice playing BooRadley79. I detect a strong Elliot Smith influence in your playing, I love the feel and sound. The guitars sound a bit "distant" but maybe thats what you were going for. If you can write lyrsics and melodies as well as Elliot Smith to go along with those good guitar backgrounds you are going to do well.

Originally posted by A String:

We actually have a "Sticky" at the top of the page where you can post links to your songs, for folks to listen to. It's the "Master Music Post" area. here is the link to get you started:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/19/t/010804/p/23.html

I'll take the hit for this. I got away with a few posts seeking production advice for material I was working on, and to be honest, I really didn't expect to get any attention to the material from that thread.

If I set a bad precedent, I apologize.

Originally posted by Griffinator:

Originally posted by A String:

I'll take the hit for this. I got away with a few posts seeking production advice for material I was working on, and to be honest, I really didn't expect to get any attention to the material from that thread.

If I set a bad precedent, I apologize.

Feel free to post tracks for production advice Griff. It's encouraged here. What we don't like, is having the brand new poster showing up saying,

"Hey, check out my new, awesome tunes!"

I'm not saying that is what BooRadley79 was doing, but in the interest of fairness, I let all new posters know that we have those rules here.

His post is more of the "asking for help" type, so I left in in place and didn't fret, when folks started to respond to it.

Archived