Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music you purchased as a direct result of forum chatter...

Compact Diss

There are threads I have read in the forum that have sent me right out to the music store to buy CDs from an artist talked about hereI cant name them all but here a few

Just this past week Johnny A.

I see Jeff Beck in my collection, Miles Davis Sketches of Spain-I believe it was Billster who mentioned that as a relaxing CD way backwhat elsemany and many different styles, metal, blues, classic rockthe list goes on

How about your collection?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Trucks Band Live at the Georgian theatre. $9.99 on iTunes.

Also Deep Purple Machine Head

Peter Frampton Fingerprints

The Hellecasters Essential Listening, Vol. 1

Jimmy Thackery Guitar

Phil Keaggy Jammed!

and a song here and there of others.

Trucks

I keep recommending The Duo Tones Surf Music Unplugged for those who want to hear some very good acoustic surf which is the first kind of surf music I saw.

John Buttler Trio - that's a group that would be a riot live.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

I'll have to add Metheney and Scofield to the list of buys I've made.

I keep hearing about this King's X, either the entire band or some of the member's just did an instore at Daddy's Junky Music here and I think I missed it!

They might be my next buy...

Originally posted by caprae:

John Buttler Trio - that's a group that would be a riot live.

They sure are!!! Words dont describe what the live vibe is like.... Thankfully as they allow audience recordings to be distributed you can get kind of an idea from that.. But alas it isnt the same as the real deal :)

Id highly reccommend checking them out on their current tour. Think they are hitting US in early 07 currently going round Oz... No doubt it'll be a freekin age and a half by the time they make it over here to the UK but well worth the wait.

Compactdiss, If your gonna pick up some kings X get Gretchen goes to Nebraska, or Faith, Hope, Love. good starters.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

I knew about the X before but that CD was purchased from a discussion on the forum. Someone posted a statement from the band that may or may not have been genuine but in that thread someone also posted a link to some of their music you can listen to online. A search should turn it up. And a second vote for `Gretchen`-great CD.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I bought a couple of Who CD's because of this forum. Anyone my age grew up listening to the Who and I have a few Who albums that I haven't listened to since high school; but one of our younger members asked about which Who CD to get because the rumor had it that they were kinda cool (or something along those lines). I went out and picked up Who's Next and Isle of Wight and Live at Leeds and proceeded to rock out for a few months. My 4 year old at the time was always singing "On top of the sky is place where you go if you've ... down nothing wrong" and the whole song. Both my kids were singing at the top of their lungs as we drove around town "Well a young Man, ain't got nothin' in the world these days", and "But you know now days, it's the old man, he got all the money" which sounds hilarious when sung by little girls. I could go on and on about their renditions of Baba O'riley or We Don't Get Fooled Again.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

I picked up Johnny A's "Get Inside" after reading some posts about his talent. Really enjoy listening to him.

Forum member "Diamond Dust" posted a Jeff Beck concert video a while back. That made me an instant fan of Jeff's playing.

I don't think my campaigning for Laika and the Cosmonauts has brought them many, if any, new fans here. :(

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Originally posted by RC212V:

I don't think my campaigning for Laika and the Cosmonauts has brought them many, if any, new fans here. :(

These guys should hook up with the Ventures! (Or at least bug their management.) Then maybe there'd be a better chance of them being known here in the states. :)

Originally posted by MadStrum:

It must have been me who mentioned Tommy Emmanuel! Just caught him live here in Singapore, oh man.. his rhythm sense is impeccable.

Could be, Madstrum. It was a year or two ago that I first heard him mentioned here. Got to see him earlier this year at an instore promotion at Tower Records. :thu: Couldn't make the concert at the Belcourt Theater or at Chet Atkins Days though. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived