Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Les Paul

kid rock

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously.. if you're near Frankfurt I may be able to assist you with a safehouse. :D

And after today you won't even have to say hello to my folks! :freak:

They stopped in with friends where we lived 25 years ago on their way back from Africa. Lucky dogs! I went through Frankfurt in 2002 over Mother's Day and everyone was out of town. :( Of course I only had 5 or 6 hours layover.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by kid rock:

Oh god I have finally bought a Les paul studio in wine red with my Christmas bonus. My wife will kill me and I might need somewhere to stay- help!

Yo Kid....

Congrats on joining the "Les Paul Owner's Club". As an honorary member of "Guitaraholics Anonymous", I KNOW that every self respecting Guitaraholic NEEDS at least one Les Paul!!

You should visit the Thread on this forum, called "Guitaraholics Anonymous", and see about "joining up". It sounds like you NEED us!!

Oh, and when you get to that thread, post a photo. We'd love to see your new guitar. Also, there are many many ways to get the guitar accepted in your house which might give you a chance to avoid divorce....read thru the posts and you'll get some good ideas!! :thu:

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Awe, gheeze, who'd want a Les Paul, maan? ;)

Congrats! Wine red is a particularly cool finish, too. :cool:

Hey Irish Attorney.....kidding, just kidding!! Are those two P-90's I spy on your LP there??

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Care to enlighten us where in Germany you reside? If not, PM me. My parents really did just return from visiting friends outside Frankfurt where we lived for a year, 26 years ago. ;)

Great pic of both your babies. ;)

I live in Weilburg an der Lahn

approx 60kms north west of Frankfurt. I am not German but British though. Kid Rock

Actually a quick question I have noticed that one of the Humbuckers is much closer to the strings than the other specifically the humbucker closest to the body, and the guitar buzzes a bit in the area of the humbuckers.Why? should the position of the humbuckers be equidistant to the strings. I havent been bothered by buzzing since about my 4th guitar lesson some way past, and the fingering of my chords is no different to when I play my Ibanez which doesnt buzz at all. Is maybe the action set too low or should I change the position of the Humbucker relative to the strings??

It didnt buzz when I demoed it in the Music store

Thanks Kid Rock

Originally posted by kid rock:

Actually a quick question I have noticed that one of the Humbuckers is much closer to the strings than the other specifically the humbucker closest to the body, and the guitar buzzes a bit in the area of the humbuckers.Why? should the position of the humbuckers be equidistant to the strings. I havent been bothered by buzzing since about my 4th guitar lesson some way past, and the fingering of my chords is no different to when I play my Ibanez which doesnt buzz at all. Is maybe the action set too low or should I change the position of the Humbucker relative to the strings??

It didnt buzz when I demoed it in the Music store

Thanks Kid Rock

You can do either or. If you like the way it plays now, I'd go for adjusting the pickup hieght. This WILL change the sound a bit though., but so does changing the action.

Archived