Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LA guitar shops?

blitzkrieg bop

Another question from a returning blitz...

I'm going to be heading west for couple weeks on business, wondering if anyone can recommend some cool guitar shops in the area to hit up on my free time? Anywhere where you can find some good deals out there? I'll be staying in the Cerritos area and working there and LAC/USC hospital.

"When learned men begin to use their reason, then I generally discover that they haven't got any." -GK Chesterton

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALRIGHT! I just happen to have made a road trip there last year (and the year prior) AND just happened to have the list of places I went.

Fender Museum

365 North Main Street, Corona, CA 92880

Wild West Guitars

1546 7th Street, Riverside, CA 92507-4421

Norm's Rare Guitars

18969 Ventura Blvd., Tarzana, CA 91356-3229

California Vintage Guitar and Amp

5244 Van Nuys Blvd., Sherman Oaks, CA 91401-5617

Carvin (Retail Store)

1907 N Main St., Santa Ana, CA 92706-2728

Dude, you are in for a major treat! All these stores were WELL worth the trip.

For more info, do a search for "Guitar Mecca" or "Trip to So. Calif" or something like that. I did extensive write ups on the two trips I took.

I gotta go right now, otherwise, I'd do it for you.

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

I was in LA a couple of weeks ago and stopped at a couple of very cool shops -

The Carvin Store mentioned above.

Tone Merchants (by appointment only during the week but I walked in and they were very cool.) I even got to play a Soloway here.

Truetone Music in Santa Monica Incredible number of guitars. Even more incredible vintage amp selection.

West L.A. Music on Santa Monica Blvd. 30 miles fron Cerritos. A nice acoustic shop called The Fret House on Citrus Ave. in Covina,20 miles away. Don't forget about McCabe's in Santa Monica. Thirty miles away. I live about 25 miles from Cerritos, so feel free to PM me if you would like more info.

Paul, I'm sorry I missed you during your visit. We were having some family problems concerning our 17 year old daughter. Damn kids!!!

Fernando

If you can't say it in 12 bars... then it can't be said!

There is a Guitar Center and a Sam Ash in Cerritos. Nothing out of the ordinary, but nearby in case you don't want to struggle with the LA traffic to get to a better shop further away or if you are limited on time any day you are here.

Archived