Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What did I miss? What did I miss?

Bbach1

Just back from a nice trip. Catch me up. Did anyone kill anyone? Smash any guitars? Get rich? Get married? Get divorced? I want all the skinny!

The trip was fun, be it all family stuff. We did stop in to Guitar Center in Reno. Holy cow. There were a couple young powerchorders banging away on a couple guitars plugged into some Marshalls at very high volumes. Just the same powerchord progressions over and over and over. My head started to hurt. I did manage to find a young sales person and asked him if they had any GNX4's in stock. He took me over to the counter and pulled one off the shelf in a box. It was their only one. He did not have time to set it up but it was only $495 and it was $595 last year. (Quite the sales pitch). He then told me to buy the Boss instead of the Digitech and handed me one of those in a box as well. Then he excused himself and went off somewhere. He didn't come back so I checked out the GNX4 for a bit and then left. I Guess I want one, but his pitch was a little weak. A good sales pitch and a little discount would have had me. I'm pretty easy. They look to be very sturdy units. I was hoping it wouldn't be some plastic cheap looking thing. I didn't get to play with it though. I gotta say I was a lot more impressed with GC in Salt Lake City than the one in Reno.

We decided to drive down to Vegas on Monday. I wanted to show my daughter the Ed Roman Guitar showroom but we didn't get the time. One night of tourist crap and back on the road towards home.

I didn't come home with any new toys. :cry:

And I'm about $1800 poorer. :cry::cry:

(trip expense not gambling. I never got the chance to hang out at the slots - mother daughter close by all the while)

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see...musically? No. But we did have a weeklong combat employment exercise where we slept (all 60 of us) in the squadron. I was flying nights, so going to bed at 5 a.m. and sleeping til 2 p.m. That's why I'm still up at 1 a.m. Sleepin' all day long...now I feel like a rock star!

Steve McCroskey:

Jacobs, I want to know absolutely everything that's happened up 'till now.

Jacobs:

Well, let's see: First the earth cooled. And, then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died, and they turned into oil. And, then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And, Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it, he took her best summer dress out of the closet, and put it on, and went to town.

That about sums it up. Hope you enjoyed the camping part of the trip... ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived