Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland Cube 60 vs Peavey 65 w amp

Bluesape

Ran across both of these (used) at a local shop. Both are nice and compact, and within 5 bucks of each other. Dunno the model of the Peavey, but am curious to know who's had experience with either.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, I have a Cube 30, it's a great-sounding little amp. I assume that the bigger one sounds better with the 12" speaker and more power.

At a blues jam I played at once a couple of years back there was a guy once who brought one along. Sounded plenty loud enough to cut through and be heard over the drums in a small club setting (the Cube 30 is too quiet for that). As far as how it sounded, unfortunately the guy was an awful player and he could have made a '65 Deluxe Reverb sound bad...

I've got a Roland "SuperCube" 60 watt combo from the '80's. It's clean sound is pretty good; it's overdrive/distortion sound is... well, really loud. Now if only it had channel switching... One of my biggest gripes about it. Spring reverb is nice. If I could get a decent trade in value for it, I'd probably get rid of it. But I can't. so I keep it.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Archived