Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody heard the Clapton/JJ Cale record?

Billster

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That one slipped up on me. Listened to Danger on the JJ CALE site. Interesting mix, not over-guitared...

May have to go listen at "Barneys and Ignobles"

QUOTE: (quite a lineup)

"J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton have joined forces on their new CD, The Road to Escondido, to be released November 7. In a true collaboration, Cale and Clapton jointly produced and recorded the album's 14 tracks, 11 of which are J.J. Cale compositions. The project came about when, after joining Cale on stage for his set at Clapton's Crossroads festival, Clapton asked Cale to consider producing an upcoming album for him and the depth of the collaboration grew from there. In addition to veterans of Cale's touring band, guest musicians on the album include Taj Majal, John Mayer, Derek Trucks, Albert Lee, Doyle Bramhall II, Steve Jordan, Willie Weeks, Pino Palladino, Nathan East and Billy Preston to whom the project is dedicated along with Clapton's late friend Brian Roylance."

Lynn G

just listened to a lot of the blurbs on iTunes - they don't exactly sing well together - it got some great reviews, but a good share of anemic reviews, too. I'll pass.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

I got it and listened to it tonight. It's good. I especially like Derek Truck's slide work. He only plays here and there, but you can tell right away when he serves up some slide. The album is very laid back and has a relaxed feel to it. I won't say I'm dissapointed until I listen to it a couple more times. I really love JJ Cale, and EC. And the guys playing with them are all outstanding. So far, I'd say it's good, but perhaps "the jury's out" yet.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Don, please do let us know after you've listened for a while. I got the BB King one where he played with a lot of different artists. I'd sell it if it was a CD. Some grow on you, some don't. I'm looking at a couple of Derek Truck albums. You can get the live at Georgia Theater for $9.99 download or pay something like $45 for the CD as an import. Gee, which way to go?
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Archived