Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurt Rosenwinkel transcription

Billster

For those of you not on the alumni mailing list, HERE is a link to a Berklee newsletter interview with Kurt Rosenwinkel.

About halfway down the page is a sidebar with links to a lead sheet and solo transcription for his tune "The Cross" from the Deep Song disc.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kurt used to play Kiss and .38 Special tunes with my buddy back when they were both about 13 years old or so.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Thanks, Bill!

I have Enemies of Energy, which is a cool record, and saw Kurt once at a Manhattan club - played his a#$# off!

Actually I also saw the sax player on that record - Mark Turner. At the church I attend they have jazz concerts some Fridays. Mark played great, as did his fellow musicians, including a guitarist named Steve Gann. Have you heard of him? Really an excellent player!

Nothing against the fancy, expensive clubs, but sometimes the music is even better in funky clubs or even churches... assuming the acoustics are good! At least the people are there for the music, and not to be trendy or something.....

Archived