Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Now, Let's Bag The Member #

Good move, getting rid of the ratings. Big thumbs up for that! :cool: Personally, I don't like the "Member #" either. It's another dehumanizing feature, IMO. I get tired of seeing account numbers, social security numbers, member numbers, and the like associated with my name. It makes me feel like part of a database rather than part of a community, which is the way I have always felt here. Since it is a community, how do you all feel? Weigh in below!

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The next things that should go are the [b]HORRIBLE[/b] smiley faces. The "angry" face looks like a hawk flying in front of the sun, nothing at all like an angry face.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Whoa! How can we review the topic for a reply?!? Is this just a netscape problem? Where are our signatures, etc?!? WTF is going on?!? Matt WTF Hepworth
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

I think the date one joins is better than the member number. I can't believe there are over 18 thousand members. The "Instant UBB Code" is great. I was just playing withthat. The old way is more HTML... By the way (since the Netscape thing came up) IE6 has cookie restrictions that blow you out of the login. You hav eto go in and allow "www.musicplayer.com" to pass through the cookie blocker, or you don't post. I not too keen on that, nyself. And, has anyone found the spell checker? It's not showing up for me.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

[quote]Originally posted by AudioMaverick: [b]I think the date one joins is better than the member number.[/b] [/quote] Not something I can control at the moment... [quote][b] The "Instant UBB Code" is great. I was just playing withthat. The old way is more HTML... By the way (since the Netscape thing came up) IE6 has cookie restrictions that blow you out of the login. You hav eto go in and allow "www.musicplayer.com" to pass through the cookie blocker, or you don't post. I not too keen on that, myself. And, has anyone found the spell checker? It's not showing up for me.[/b][/quote] Didn't know about the IE6 thing...thanks for the heads up. Also, the spell checker does not come with this version. That company that was providing it for free was supposed to go out of business but is still hanging in there. In the next release (supposedly mid-Dec.) there will be a post preview so you can preview a post/reply before posting it...

Archived