Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Telecaster Custom '62.........thin sound...

Moonfish

Hi to all the forum, anybody can help me? I bought a Telecaster Custom '62 reissue, it's a beutiful guitar but it doesn't sound very well.....my guitar weight less than another Tele...for the body I think, it's Alder, no Ash like another type of Tele......so the sound is a thin, with small bass .........My guitar, unplugged, sounds less mellow and loud than a Higway american standard Tele.........

Someone told me that I can change the bridge with a new model, the vintage bridges are in thin metal and soud less

Sorry for my English!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I've got the three saddle bridge, the vintage type..........the pickup height and the string height is all right, the set up was made by a very good eletric guitar luthier, strings are 10/46.........Is possible that the Custom Tele series sounds less and thin, than another Tele type, for the Alder body...........(the other type of Tele has Ash body, more weight)...........Anyone can expalain if the problem is in the wood body???? or, I must change my Tele with another one.........

Moonfish, hellow and welcome to the Forum! DAVE has a very good point in that the origianl Tele sound may not be what you are looking for. Some of the modern country hot players use them but their amps are very different with tons more gain than the old country guys used. I personally love the sound of a vintage Tele through a reverb soaked Fender amp, but not eveyone does. I just don't know how anyone can really setup and intonate with those 3 saddle bridges! the very first thing I would do is get separate adjusters.

Archived