Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need help in IDENTIFYING this amp.

3.Oco

A very strange amp head has recently come in to my possesion and I would like to know a little more of the history of the amp and the manufacturer, but the problem is, I can't find information on this thing at all, not anywhere online at least.

It is labeled as a Reverb Kimberly Mach 20 and that is all I have to go on.

Anyone know anything about it?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got any pictures? is it a combo, what is the speaker or speakers in it? what color is the tolex? does it have a leather handle or composite? are there any serial numbers stamped into the chassis... I think we could help you but we need lots more detailed info and pictures of it front and back and close up.

Here are some pictures. I couldn't find a serial number anywhere.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/friggenintense/amp.jpg

and

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/friggenintense/ampback.jpg

Has a nice bell-like clean tone with the right settings, breaks up a little at excessively high volumes and gets a bit muddy with tone knob all the way down, but I was only running it through an SG, so the humbuckers have a bit to do with that. Weighs about 15 pounds I would say, not heavy at all. I haven't opened up the back yet. I plan on cleaning it and such, but first I would like to know a little history on it before I go and mess around with it, just in case.

I'm not sure if it has tubes or not. I have yet to open the back of it up, but judging by it's light weight and wooden backing, I think it's a safe bet to assume it's a solid state.

This amp is truly a strange one.

Originally posted by Xplorer:

I think it's safe to assume it was not made in Japan or Austrailia.

I was sitting here thinking you were pretty sure of yourself, Xplorer... then I saw the "Made In USA" print on the faceplate. :D Of course, it could be made in Usa, China. (Several chinese manufacturers used "made in usa" to fool U.S. citizens into thinking their products were made in the United States. ;) )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Well I guess if you met a guy who's Kimberly did 1000 and your baby just did 20... well that might get ya a little bummed!

Kimberly... hmmm seems they also made something called a "Fuzz Box & Volume Expander"

Which might explain why Zan is always so firkin' tired out!

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Originally posted by Xplorer:

I think it's safe to assume it was not made in Japan or Austrailia.

I was sitting here thinking you were pretty sure of yourself, Xplorer... then I saw the "Made In USA" print on the faceplate. :D Of course, it could be made in Usa, China. (Several chinese manufacturers used "made in usa" to fool U.S. citizens into thinking their products were made in the United States. ;) )
Wow, that's shady. And, ya you called it! I just read the faceplate!
What a horrible night to have a curse.

Ack! It occured to me that it was Usa, Japan and not China. In the process of checking I discovered the entire thing, according to Snopes, is an old urban legend that the Japanese changed the name of the town to Usa to be able to put "made in usa" on products.

I'd never heard they changed the name. I only thought they used the existing name to their advantage. Turns out it probably never happened. :freak::o

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived