Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oh yeah baby

Bytored

new guitar almost here

10/04/2006 Neck construction

10/06/2006 Body Construction and Sanding

10/13/2006 Painting and Finishing

10/26/2006 Buffing and Fret Detailing

11/01/2006 String Setup and Quality Assurance

11/03/2006 Buffing and Fret Detailing

11/03/2006 Packed and Sent to Shipping Department

Shipping Dept.!!! hell ya :wave::D:love:

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim- orderded a Carvin California Carved Top CT6M Quilted maple top, gold hardware, cream colered pickups, tung oiled neck, Mahogany body.

Batgirl- album cover is from ELO's Eldorado

Hardtail--Yeah I did. Hey is that the doorbell?? Beware of burning plain brown bags on your porch!! hehe :D

Yes I have a digital camera and WILL be posting pics when I get it so stay tuned.

Originally posted by bytored:

Hardtail--Yeah I did. Hey is that the doorbell?? Beware of burning plain brown bags on your porch!! hehe :D

Yes I have a digital camera and WILL be posting pics when I get it so stay tuned.

I'll bet you'll be antsy for the next few days waiting to get a tracking number.

I know when I got my Strat from MF, it was a painful wait. I actually stayed home from work the day it was to be delievered thinking I would have much of the day to play it. As luck would have it, they didn't deliver it until about 4:00 PM.

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by Trucks.Of.Love:

It prolly didnt pass the QA.

Yeah, that must be it. Can't imagine stringing the guitar ruining the frets and finish!
HAHAHA Then you have obviously not seen Karen try and re-string her bass LOL :)

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

It prolly didnt pass the QA.

Yeah, that must be it. Can't imagine stringing the guitar ruining the frets and finish!
HAHAHA Then you have obviously not seen Karen try and re-string her bass LOL :)
:D

Tim- orderded a Carvin California Carved Top CT6M Quilted maple top, gold hardware, cream colered pickups, tung oiled neck, Mahogany body.

Schweeeeeet - you gotta post pics once she gets there! Congrats again, man! :thu::thu:
Go that way really fast.  If something gets in your way, turn.

Why did they need to do the buffing and fret detailing twice?

I don't know?? they probably dropped it!!!!!! :freak::eek: haha

Carvin say's that its normal for it to go back and forth between some stations... or it's the guys there knowing that we,the buyers, are watching the guitar traq waiting in weeks of agony for the guitar to be finally done are messin with our heads.

Iether way I dont care as long as the end result is quality and playability, which is why I chose to go with Carvin.

I am going offline for a day to FORMAT my hard drive...caught a nasty virus that won't go away. IF any one runs across a virus program called burstbusters run the other way. I clicked on a wrong window and this company gave me a virus and the only way to get rid of it is to BUY there virus software. There is an article on c-net about this. so beware.

Originally posted by Hard Tail:

I'll bet you'll be antsy for the next few days waiting to get a tracking number.

I know when I got my Strat from MF, it was a painful wait. I actually stayed home from work the day it was to be delievered thinking I would have much of the day to play it. As luck would have it, they didn't deliver it until about 4:00 PM.

THE BA$TARD$......THEY'VE GOT A LOT OF NERVE!

I once ordered a Gibson J-185 EC...it wasn't MF, but another old big name outfit. Long story short, the first one they sent got lost!! Was supposed to be overnight to me here in PA, but ended up spending the weekend in Boston!! And, it was winter and very cold. So, I told them I would not accept that one, since it had likely spent at least two days in a cold truck in Boston. So, they said they'd have that one returned to them, and they'd send me another new one Monday, overnight shipping. I ended up recieving BOTH AXES on that Tuesday!! What a deal!! HEHE.

Well, I sent the "Boston" axe back, and kept the other....which is an amazing acoustic electric...in natural flamed maple. It plays lead like an electric, but has that "maple trebly ring" that a good maple Gibby acoustic can have.

I wanna see photos of that Carvin, bytored.

I hear a lot of good stuff about Carvin on this forum. They must be pretty good guitars, eh?

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

I wanna see photos of that Carvin, bytored.
Gonna post them as soon as possible after I get it, which wont be to long.

I was watching The Eagles Farwell tour and almost $hit when I saw Joe Walsh playing a Carvin CT6M. Now I remember him saying somthing in the Carvin DVD about taking it on tour but never really noticed it before today. He playes it On Lifes Been Good and one other one.

Archived