Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i wonder if my mom felt like this?

Guitarzan

lately "angus" has been playing my amp more than me.

Brett is playing quite regular.

so far he knows a couple chords but i have been feeding him riffs and stuff.

ya gotta do Smoke on the water! :D

he is working on;

when i come around

for those about to rock

whole lotta rosie

he figured out some of the theme to James Bond, and the melody to shout it out loud.

he is a little rough around the edges seeing he isn't as big as the Yamaha. but the guy sure rocks!

i am super duper proud of him. :D:thu:

as soon as he starts growing into the guitar i know he is gonna progress fast.

he is a smart dude.

i wish my memory was that good.

now i know how my mom felt with distorted guitar coming through the house.

and he shows a good sense of tone.

most starting players pile on the distortion.

yet he turns it down to a nice overdrive.

a good ear, memory and desire.

he is gonna be allright.

give him a round of applause. :thu:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fantastic!! He'll be a hot shot after copping all of your "hot licks", Zan.....and so it should be!!

My 14 year old, Jeff, has now taken to correcting my playing!! The only part that bothers me, is that he's usually correct!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

When everyone was post the kid guitar players, I found one of what looked like brothers. Probably about your son's ages. Wish I could see it again. They were quite good.

Congratulations.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Awesome! At about age 11 is when i started gaining interest. But i started at 7 and hated it yet my mom made me practice half an hour a day.

Actually i started gaining interest at age 9: when i got my first Fender Stratocaster with my own money! I was so proud of my self saving up all that money.

I hope he continues to play! It must be very exciting for you!

How about a 21 gun salute!!! We salute you!!!

My son is only 5 now, but he sure plays a wicked air guitar!! :D He has a little toys r us electric and when he straps it on, he has some pretty good rock star moves!!

Kids ROCK!!!

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Neither of my parents play, dammit! Daddy, can I move my big bass amp up to my room? Can I have this pedal? Can I jam with my friends when we get home?

:cry::D:D That's why I appreciate an environment like this! You all get it. And most kids get their awesome from their parents, as Brett clearly is and other kids of parents on this forum. Good job guys!

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

I have had two fantasies for most of my adult life; a hot redheaded female who plays great bass/guitar/drums/keyboard and is crazy about me, and teaching my son how to play and having him surpass me.

So, it looks like my lifelong fantasies are going to remain fantasies...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

zan

Good move start them young so he can be rich enough early on so you can be cared for very well in retirement, like a new axe every few weeks whilst you while the day away sitting on the porch playing :D:D:D

G

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

Originally posted by Crypt Picker:

I have had two fantasies for most of my adult life; a hot redheaded female who plays great bass/guitar/drums/keyboard and is crazy about me, and teaching my son how to play and having him surpass me.

So, it looks like my lifelong fantasies are going to remain fantasies...

I still have that ideal in mind. No female I've come across in real life has fulfilled this for me... *sigh* Still a work-in-progress. There's got to be someone that likes playing more technically minded stuff... or at least something really... eh.

And no, I haven't surpassed my dad yet. Not by a long shot.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Crypt Picker:

I have had two fantasies for most of my adult life; a hot redheaded female who plays great bass/guitar/drums/keyboard and is crazy about me...

Stand in line Buddy... ;):P

Newf

i am quite happy with my Newfy wife who is always there for the kids and me (big kid).

who never lets her friends down, puts up with my GAS attacks.

she can't play but she can sing.

she loves music from Johnny Cash to ACDC to PINK etc.

and rolls her eyes at the pussy cat dolls while singing along like an airhead before making barfing noises.

i love that girl. :D

Archived