Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

lonestar classic

stash49

I'm a little ill, concerning amps. I've been playing so long, I want the absolute best gear-and I cant get over the mesa lonestar classic. I have a good amp-a mesa heartbreaker2x12, but the lonestar seems ALOT better. Is it my imagination? Is it really that much better? Diffrent yes, but am I just on another grail quest? It was just a cup! The player is far more important. My rig ig very good. Deluxe fender stat, Mesa heartbreker, a nice array of usable pedals. Is the lonestar really much better? Really? Is it just my imagination?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes bro, lone stars are awesome probably a bit better then ure hartbreaker. i love its nice valve cleans, and crunchy destortions. the lone star ain't THAT much better, but its probably a bit beter then the heart breaker. cheers
A Life Lived In Fear Is A Life Half - Lived

Originally posted by stash49:

Diffrent yes, but am I just on another grail quest?

I think the first thing you need to understand is that it is our purpose in life to seek out the holy grail of tone. We have to constantly add new gear to achieve that end. If we stop, the world will stop.

It is our purpose.

Buy the Lonestar.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

"Better" is a subjective term here. Do you like it better? Then it is better. It's really a question of what each amp does and whether or not that is closer to what you want than the other. The two amps are widely different in what they do and how they do it, but I am pretty sure they are about equal in terms of the quality of the components and workmanship.

Hope you enjoy the new amp. I like the Lonestars too.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Bbach1:

Originally posted by stash49:

Diffrent yes, but am I just on another grail quest?

I think the first thing you need to understand is that it is our purpose in life to seek out the holy grail of tone. We have to constantly add new gear to achieve that end. If we stop, the world will stop.

It is our purpose.

Buy the Lonestar.

Bbach....you are now officially an officer in

GUITARAHOLICS ANONYMOUS!!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

It's hard for me to tell if the lonestar really kicks HB butt, because, after cleaning up my signal chain, and tweaking it, the HB now delivers some awsome sounds, clean and dirty. I am going a/b these amps VERY carefully. Anyone really familiar with the Heartbreaker, what do you think it weakness, if any are?

Archived