Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

George Harrison's Slide Work

rowens55

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken he played standard tuning and did not have a guitar specifically set-up for slide. The only thing I've read about his inspiration for slide was his interest in the sitar, with it's less than perfect intonation. I believe I read where he referred to slide playing as playing "wobbly guitar." I find this interesting in that I always found his intonation on slide to be very good.

Side Note: Harrison does not play slide on the Concert for Bangladesh version of "My Sweet Lord." That's Eric Clapton playing Brownie. I was surprised the first time I saw that. I assume EC also played slide on this song for the Japanese concert tour the two of them did in the early 90s.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

George produced some of Badfinger's albums many years ago. I wonder if he played slide on some of those cuts? There's some great guitar work on some of the cuts and great slide work on "Day after Day".

Certainly sounds very "georgeish" anyway.

...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

BTW, George is one of my alltime favorite guitarists because of the sounds he got and the variety of music styles he pursued.
...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

Archived