Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strat Pro

Heatseeker

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new guitar w/ a slightly checked finish, and a few dings here and there? I'd rather go to ebay and get an older, maybe 90's USA start w/ locking tuners and LSR nut.

Features looked really nice to me, until I read the last paragrah...

That's beyond stupid--one thing is to buy slightly faded jeans and another to buy a NEW slightly f-ed up guitar :rolleyes: .

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by MILLO:

A new guitar w/ a slightly checked finish, and a few dings here and there? I'd rather go to ebay and get an older, maybe 90's USA start w/ locking tuners and LSR nut.

That's beyond stupid--one thing is to buy slightly faded jeans and another to buy a NEW slightly f-ed up guitar :rolleyes: .

I agree with you completely. Why would anybody want to pay premium bucks for an artificially used instrument? Is it so they can lie to their friends and say that they have a "vintage" guitar? How absurd.

Originally posted by PBBPaul:

I agree with you completely. Why would anybody want to pay premium bucks for an artificially used instrument? Is it so they can lie to their friends and say that they have a "vintage" guitar? How absurd.
I agree. I can't believe that people pay for this crap.

There's no special concern. The thread starter wanted other forumites' opinions on the axe... even though I'm almost sure the ones that replied haven't tried this specific model, b/c aparently they're not interested... We gave our opinion.

I like the features, except for the lack of a 22nd fret and the extremely stupid "closet classic" treatment.

The threadstarter agreed on the "uselessness" of the "closet classic" treatment. No special concerns, no specially controversial issues.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

the specs seem fine , but i would look for alnico magnet pickups personally.

but then i want more vintage sounds.

as for the aging, i am not into the price that goes with that.

but i do like cream coloured knobs as opposed to whiter than white.

and aged nickle hardware on some LP's looks way better than chrome.

but that you can do yourself.

So true on so many levels.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=810593

http://www.myspace.com/dandelavega

Archived