Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Hi Guys

Fumblyfingers

Hi all, I have been not so active here for a bit. There is just so much going on, unfortunately not much of it music.

Our kitchen remodel is done, I doubt I will ever do this again, I will buy another house first. It looks great but what an experience. Here are a couple images, the old and a shot close to completion.

Hope you don't mind me putting up the images.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/Gypsyfingers/oldkitchen.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/Gypsyfingers/Newkitchen.jpg

You can't see it here but we broke out a wall to the right where the old utility room was. It is now a pantry, same cabinets but floor to ceiling...the fridge is in there and where the water heater was we put a new stackable washer and dryer and I put a tankless water heater outside. We gained a lot of room just by efficient use of the space.

Anyway, between that, work being busy, the kids and all, I have just been too pooped to jam. Hopefully I can get some time in the studio to actually play soon. Ellwood is getting antsy to get more slide tracks on there........he is a tough act to follow on slide....I'm going to have to practice a little....... er.... lot!

So anyway, a big ol' hi to y'all, hope you and your loved ones are all doing well.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most excellent!! looks beautiful Fumble!! nice work... I love that stainless range and dishwasher thats what we put in too! also the refrigerator stainless too..(yours is not pictured) but I bet it's stainless too! Love the cabines too are they cherry? and what is the counter top material? Yes and MORE SLIDE!!! LOL :eek::D:love:

Are you nuts!!!!!????? Do you know how much gear you could get with the money you spent?

Looks great though... Mrs. Rampdog and I are doing the same thing...Love the wood and tile...Looks alot more spacious... We get our new windows Nov. 7th. No new gear for me...

And then.................depression set in...

Hi Fumbly! Nice to see the remodel job. Looks nice. We are in the beginning stages (planning) of a kitchen remodel. We are going to take out a wall as well.

Can't move to a new house. This one's paid down way to far and I want to get rid of the house payment. The kitchen needs it bad. Guess it's gonna happen.

I'll have to show my wife your pics. She will love it.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Holy %$#^&!!! That looks incredible. When I saw the first picture, I thought that it looked really nice (thinking that it is the "after" pic), but then I scrolled down to the real "after" pic, WOW!! Excellent job, Fumbly.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Hey thanks you guys....yeah we are much happier with it.

Advice to all of you doing a remodel. Cover all the bases with the contractor and if you make changes as you go along have them add it in writing to the spec sheet.

Watch them like hawks, and call them on everything you see that you don't like. Be pleasant but firm.

Show up unexpectedly as often as you can swing it during the day....keep them on their toes.

Thanks again.

The counter top is granite, I love it...my wife picked it out.

Originally posted by Fumblyfingers:

Hey thanks you guys....yeah we are much happier with it.

Advice to all of you doing a remodel. Cover all the bases with the contractor and if you make changes as you go along have them add it in writing to the spec sheet.

Watch them like hawks, and call them on everything you see that you don't like. Be pleasant but firm.

Show up unexpectedly as often as you can swing it during the day....keep them on their toes.

Thanks again.

The counter top is granite, I love it...my wife picked it out.

I'd just do it myself. I love building stuff!

Man that looks so excellent.

Glad you survived doing the remodel with contractors.

I too wil move before hiring a contractor for another remodel as I've found the experience to be pure hell. :mad:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Graham Kerr - now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Used to watch him on TV after getting home from school. He loved his wine, back then.

Great remodel job! You belong on "This Old House". You and Norm could trade techniques and secrets!

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Fumbly....Beautiful new kitchen, there!! I really love the richness the wood cabs add to the room....sort of like a fine acoustic guitar....opps, I couldn't help it!!

The granite countertop looks perfect with the wood. I hope you and your family enjoy your new kitchen in health and happiness for many years to come!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Congrats Fumbly.

My wife wants more or less the same thing.

That's a car....

or 10 guitars.

How long did it take ?

We have done two of these ordeals, (Bathroom, Family room (4 months)) just had the roof done and gettiing a new liner in the pool.

Then comes the basement. It never ends.

BEAUTIFUL kitchen.

Thanks again to all of you.

Jimash, it took about 6 weeks all told.

Yeah since being here we have done a roof, went from a swamp cooler to airconditioning unit, new heater, put in a stone patio etc etc . I had no problems with any of that work and we got very fair deals on everything.

The kitchen was different big time! Having those people in my house for that amount of time and all the bullshit they brought was a nightmare.

What is trippy is that almost everyone has the same experience. I don't understand it. It does not need to be that way.

Originally posted by Fumblyfingers:

Thanks again to all of you.

Jimash, it took about 6 weeks all told.

Yeah since being here we have done a roof, went from a swamp cooler to airconditioning unit, new heater, put in a stone patio etc etc . I had no problems with any of that work and we got very fair deals on everything.

The kitchen was different big time! Having those people in my house for that amount of time and all the bullshit they brought was a nightmare.

What is trippy is that almost everyone has the same experience. I don't understand it. It does not need to be that way.

Funny, just this Saturday we were at this house for a pizza and beer and they have just expnaded and remodeled the kitchen. They said the contracotr had said 4 weeks and it took 8. Told us all the problems, etc.

That's all I remember from home expansions back home, too, so I guess it's one of those universal cultural phenomenons.

Maybe contractors' place in hell is somewhere between the lawyers' and computer-virus programmers'?

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Archived