Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tele Case Recommendations:

Dr. Ellwood

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Crypt Picker:

I like the hard foam cases, like this one . They protect the guitar pretty dang well, and are still light as a feather. Best of all possible worlds.

I've got 4 of these - two oblong guitars, one oblong bass & a shaped for the TA-40.

They work pretty well for light lugging, but I suspect they'd be too light if you were shipping.

McG.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by McGeoff of the White:

Go down to your local store and play as many cases as you can.

Buy the one that feels right & speaks to you.

:D

McG.

Well, this goes without saying. ;)

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Crypt Picker,

That looks like a nice case but I personally would not trust it to the airlines. Maybe if I saw one 1st hand and checked it out, but from the picture, it's doesn't look that promising.

I have two sets of cases. One set that goes on the truck, another that goes on the airlines.

My ATA amp case has 20+ years and a couple 100,000 miles on it. Scratches, yes, damage to the amp, nope.

Peace

Originally posted by Zuben:

That looks like a nice case but I personally would not trust it to the airlines.

Well, I wouldn't either. But I don't do much flying these days, and Lee didn't say he was going on an international tour or anything, so I figured he wouldn't need to spring for an Anvil case or something like it. He said his Tele gets hauled around a lot and the case is coming apart. If he gigs the way I do, which is to say well within driving distance, those cases provide more than adequate protection.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived